Semrush has been a great software, and as the SEO landscape is evolving, Semrush is also evolving to integrate many features that we will need in the era of AI SEO. However, it is always good to have more alternatives, as it cultivates innovation and provides more choices to end-users like you and me.
Also, Semrush’s pricing is a barrier for many, and often, whether you are an individual or an agency, you might only need some of Semrush’s features. Therefore, you might be better off using a Semrush alternative for a particular feature.
However, if you are looking for a comprehensive SEO tool, I still believe that Semrush is the best option out there. With more than a decade of a track record and a willingness to innovate, it remains a strong choice.
However, despite its impressive marketing stack, it might not be the ideal solution for everyone. For one of these reasons, Semrush is not cheap.
Their most basic paid solution starts at $129.95 per month. That’s almost double the pricing for most SEO tools offering nearly the same functionality. For users looking to get started with SEO on a small budget, Semrush will not come firsthand.
Moreover, if you’re primarily interested in a specific tool in its offering like site auditing, and don’t require the full range of features, Semrush will not be an ideal choice for you.
In this detailed guide, we’ll review the best Semrush alternatives and show you how they stack up in terms of:
- Ease of use
- Features and Functionality
Let’s get right into it, shall we?
Overview of the Best Semrush Alternatives
|Semrush Alternative||Best features||Pricing|
|$99 – $999/mon
Get 2 months free for annual payments
|SE Ranking||Rank tracking
|$55 – $239/ mon
20% Discount on annual plans
|Mangools Suite||Related keywords
|$29 – $129/mon
Save 35 % with annual plans
|Moz Pro||Competitive research
Keyword research with unique metrics
|$99 – $599/mon
Save 20% on annual plans
|Screaming Frog||Log file analysis
Internal 301 and 307 redirects
$259 per year
|Surfer SEO||Content optimization
|$89 – $299/mon
Save $200 – $600 on annual billings
|Majestic SEO||Bulk backlink analysis
|$49.99 – $399.99/mon|
|Keyword Insights||Keyword clustering
|$58 – $299/mon
Save 20% on annual billings
|$14.99 – $114.99/mo|
|AccuRanker||Track all your keywords daily
|$129 for 1000 keywords
1. Ahrefs: Best Semrush Alternative Overall
Ahrefs initially started as a backlink analysis tool but they’ve added more features over the years making it one of the best SEO tools in the market today. The SEO tool boasts of being the best and most active web crawler in all of the SEO tools crawling over 5 million pages per minute.
Ahrefs vs. Semrush
As a strong Semrush alternative and competitor, Ahrefs has a different way of approaching keyword research.
Unlike Semrush which only provides keyword data from one single search engine (Google), Ahrefs gives you data from a wide range of search engines including:
Moreover, Ahrefs SEO tool uses clickstream data to refine the keyword search volumes to ensure accuracy. You also get useful keyword data like Clicks—which is an estimated number of clicks that your site will get if it ranks for that keyword.
And also the Traffic Potential of the keyword you’re researching.
Usability is another facet where Ahrefs shines. While both Semrush and Ahrefs do have a user-friendly UI, navigating Ahrefs’ interface is remarkably straightforward. Check out Ahrefs review to learn more about it.
Ahrefs Key Features
Ahrefs has expanded its SEO stack with a range of features that position it as a strong competitor to Semrush. Here are some standout features you’ll access when you sign up for Ahrefs.
- Site Explore: Ahrefs enables you to analyze the backlink profile and organic search traffic of any website. You can view your competitors’ top-performing pages, the keywords driving their traffic, and whether most of their traffic is paid or organic.
- Site Audit tool: analyzes your website’s overall SEO health score, flags all possible SEO issues, and provides recommendations on how to fix them.
- Content Explorer: allows you to leverage content research to find content ideas, guest posting opportunities, broken link-building opportunities, and unlinked brand mentions.
- Keyword Explorer: allows you to find keywords based on metrics like keyword volume, keyword difficulty, traffic potential, and global volume. The tool also provides advanced metrics like clicks, return rate, and parent topic.
- Rank Tracker: allows you to monitor your rankings over time, providing insights into how your pages compare to competitors’.
Speaking of pricing, Ahrefs isn’t the cheapest SEO tool. Unlike Semrush, Ahrefs doesn’t provide a free trial. But they do provide free SEO tools such as Ahrefs SEO plugin, site audit tool, website traffic checker, and others that provide basic functionalities.
Here’s the breakdown of Ahref’s pricing.
- Lite Plan: starts at $99 per month)
- Standard Plan: starts at $199 per month.
- Advanced Plan: starts at $399 per month
- Enterprise Plan: starts at $999 per month
Ahrefs Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|User-friendly interface.||Pricing is a bit confusing|
|Unlock broad keyword database from a variety of search engines||Site audit tools could be better|
|Get advanced keyword research metrics like clicks and return rate||Doesn’t provide search intent data for individual keywords.|
|Get advance keyword research metrics like clicks and return rate|
Ahrefs is the best Semrush alternative if you’re looking for an SEO tool with better competitor research features, backlink analysis tools, and a cleaner UI.
2. SE Ranking: Semrush Cheaper Alternative for Agencies
SE Ranking is an all-in-one SEO platform that allows you to perform keyword research, competitive research, backlink analysis, and optimize your content for search engines all at a fraction of the cost of what Semrush charges.
With as low as $55/month you can unlock most of its tools making it the ideal option for most agencies running SEO campaigns for their clients without breaking their bank accounts.
SE Ranking vs. Semrush
Straight out of the box, SE Ranking has an impeccably organized user interface. The primary tools are thoughtfully positioned on the top toolbar, ensuring easy access, while supplementary features are conveniently situated on the left side of the dashboard.
Notably, the tool excels in intuitively presenting data, offering a seamless and user-friendly experience.
Speaking of keyword research, SE Ranking has a large database of 4.7 billion keywords.
Although not quite on par with Semrush’s (25 billion keywords), SE Ranking has a wider geographical reach, spanning keywords from over 190 countries. In contrast, Semrush is limited to 142 countries.
Additionally, SE Ranking enables you to delve into the Organic SERP History of individual keywords, unveiling their trends over time and allowing you to understand the seasonality and long-term value of the keywords you’re targeting.
Besides analyzing a single keyword, you can also run a bulk keyword analysis allowing you to get key parameter data on multiple keywords at the same time.
- Easy-to-use keyword rank research and rank tracker
- Content Editor
- Backlink checking and monitoring
- Competitive research
- Website audit
- On-page SEO checker
- Social media management
- On-page SEO optimization
SE Ranking Pricing
SE Rankings is one of the most affordable SEO tools in the market. This affordability, coupled with its wide selection of features, positions it as an excellent alternative to Semrush. Here’s SE Ranking’s pricing structure, when opt for a monthly payment plan:
- Essential: costs $55 per month
- Pro: costs $109.00 per month
- Business: costs $239 per month
SE Ranking Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Generous paid plans||Limited keyword tracking for lower plans|
|Easy-to-use UI||Backlink analysis could be better|
|View your competitors historical data on organic and paid campaigns|
|Detailed report builder|
SE Ranking is an ideal Semrush alternative for agencies and freelancers looking to grow their clients’ organic traffic. The SEO tool is affordable, giving you access to all the tools you need without breaking your bank account. It also has a great rank tracking tool and a powerful SEO report builder which allows you to share your SEO campaign reports with your clients.
3. Mangools Suite: The UI is a Stunner
Mangools is a software suite that features five SEO tools in its stack. This includes KWfinder, SERPWatcher, SERPChecker, LinkMiner, and SiteProfiler. Read on to find out how Mangools stack up against Semrush.
Semrush vs Mangools SEO Suite
Mangools Suite is your best bet if you’re searching for a Semrush alternative that strikes a balance between affordability, user experience, and functionality.
The platform offers one of the best user-friendly interfaces that’s not only easy to use but also beautiful.
If you use its proprietary keyword tool (KWfinder) you’ll find it easy to use. The tool presents data for an individual keyword in a user intuitive way than Semrush.
Every metric of the keyword is presented on a single tab on your dashboard which eliminates the need to click on a new tab to see more metrics. The dashboard is also clean and less cluttered.
Although not as powerful as Semrush’s keyword tool, Mangools KWfinder does a good job in helping you find related keywords that can be useful for semantic SEO and long tail keywords.
- KWfinder: A keyword research tool that helps users find relevant keywords for their content, estimate keyword difficulty, and identify search volume.
- SERPWatcher: the tool that lets users track the performance of their website’s keywords in search engine rankings over time.
- SERPChecker: This tool allows users to analyze search engine results pages (SERPs) for specific keywords. It provides insights into the competition, backlink profiles, and other metrics of the top-ranking websites.
- LinkMiner: An application designed for backlink analysis, allowing users to explore their own or competitors’ backlink profiles and identify potential opportunities for building high-quality backlinks.
- SiteProfiler: offers an overview of a website’s SEO metrics, including domain authority, page authority, and traffic estimates.
Mangools provide the best value for money overall. The SEO platform includes all its tools in its suite regardless of the plan you’re using and prices them based on usage.
That’s contrary to Semrush which limits the number of tools you can use in each of their plans and also puts a cap on how much you can use the provided tools.
Mangools also has a 35% discount offer if you choose to pay annually in each of their plans. You can also sign up for their 10 days free trial which is more than enough time to understand whether their suite is for you or not.
Here’s a breakdown of Mangool’s pricing.
- Mangools Entry: starts at $29 per month
- Mangools Basic: starts at $49 per month
- Mangools Premium: starts at $69 per month
- Mangools Agency: starts at $129 per month
Mangools Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|An intuitive and stunning user interface||Limited keyword suggestions and data|
|Affordable pricing||Visualize your keyword trend in an intuitive way|
|Ability to find related keywords and questions|
|Access all tools in one place|
|Analyze the impact of SERP Features on keyword CTR|
|Visualize your keywords trend in an intuitive way|
Conclusion – Why Mangools is a Semrush alternative?
Mangools has one of the most user-friendly interfaces, making it accessible even for beginners. Its dashboard is clean and visually appealing. With its affordable pricing, Mangools is an excellent choice for SEO beginners, affiliate marketers with niche sites, and growing SEO agencies.
4. Moz Pro: Best for Competition Research
Moz Pro is an SEO software suite that offers nearly the same level of functionality as Semrush. With its array of features, including Link Explorer, Keyword Explorer, Fresh Web Explorer, and more, Moz is your best bet if you’re looking for a comprehensive platform to improve your SEO strategies.
Moz Pro vs. Semrush
Moz Pro presents a compelling alternative to Semrush when it comes to keyword research and competitive research.
Keyword Explorer, Moz’s in-house tool for keyword research, stands out for its precision in providing monthly search volume data. Unlike some other tools that primarily rely on scraping Google Keyword Planner, Moz’s approach incorporates real user data, enhancing the accuracy of the information.
Additionally, you gain access to unique keyword metrics, including:
- Organic CTR: This percentage, developed by Moz, estimates the proportion of clicks directed to organic search results, excluding ads and SERP features.
- Priority Score: This metric aids in assessing the keyword’s significance and value, helping you determine whether it should be prioritized in your strategy.
Moz Pro also allows you to compare your website against your competitors and pinpoint rankings and content gaps. You can enter up to three competitor domains, subdomains, and subfolders.
You can then view your competitor’s top-performing content, keywords, and the estimated traffic you can expect to get if you outrank them.
If you’re in search of a top-notch alternative to Semrush for competitor research, Moz Pro is your go-to choice.
- Robust competitor research toolset that allows you to find keywords and content gaps
- Keyword research with unique metrics like organic CTR and Priority Score.
- Link research tool to find link-building opportunities
- Site audit to find issues on your site and fix them immediately
Moz Pro Pricing
Moz Pro stands out by offering a tiered approach that accommodates SEO beginners, established marketers, and even large agencies.
Moz Pro focuses on providing a well-rounded set of features, scalability, and flexibility in billing, making it appealing for those seeking all-in-one SEO solutions.
Here’s a short breakdown of Moz pricing:
- Standard Plan: costs $99/month
- Medium Plan: costs $179/month
- Large Plan: costs $299/month
- Premium Plan: costs $599/month
Pros and Cons of Moz Pro
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Comprehensive link analysis||Content monitoring with Fresh Web Explorer could be more comprehensive|
|Accurate keyword research tool based on real user information||Rank tracking updates occur weekly|
|User-friendly interface||Limited when it comes to finding related keywords|
|Access to historical data|
|Compare your site’s backlinks against multiple competitors|
|Visualize your keywords trend in an intuitive way|
Moz Pro stands out in both competitive research and keyword analysis. If you’re looking for a Semrush alternative to help you identify opportunities to outperform your competitors in search rankings, Moz Pro is the perfect tool for you.
5. Screaming Frog: Best Semrush Technical Site Audit Alternative
Screaming Frog is a technical SEO tool that crawls your website and audits it for SEO errors that can hinder search engines from effectively crawling and indexing your site.
Screaming Frog vs. Semrush Site Audit
Semrush offers a built-in Site Audit tool for website SEO analysis. However, when compared to Screaming Frog, it falls short in providing in-depth technical SEO insights.
Screaming Frog offers advanced capabilities for data extraction from web pages using CSS Path, XPath, or regex. This caters to the needs of advanced SEO professionals seeking comprehensive technical audits.
In contrast, Semrush, while valuable for SEO analysis, may not dive as deeply into technical aspects as Screaming Frog. Semrush takes a broader approach, serving users with diverse SEO requirements beyond just technical considerations.
Screaming Frog distinguishes itself further by offering advanced configuration options. Users have the flexibility to set custom robots.txt rules, conduct source code searches, and fine-tune data extraction.
This level of customization empowers users with precise control over the audit process, tailoring it to their specific needs—a capability you can’t find in the Semrush Site Audit tool.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of Screaming Frog is its Log File Analyzer which allows you to analyze search bot data and behavior, offering valuable insights into the URLs that have been crawled.
These insights can help you make informed decisions about your website’s SEO strategy. For example, you might discover which pages are not being crawled as often as desired and take steps to improve their visibility.
- Website Crawling and Auditing: The core functionality of Screaming Frog is its website crawling and auditing capabilities. As a technical SEO professional, you can use this feature to comprehensively analyze a website’s structure, identify issues such as broken links, redirects, and duplicate content, and assess overall technical health.
- Log File Analysis: With the addition of log file analysis capabilities you can get valuable insights into search engine bot activity. This feature allows you to verify bot behavior, track crawling patterns, and optimize websites effectively based on bot interactions.
- Data Extraction with XPath: Technical SEO professionals often need to extract specific data from web pages to assess structured data, schema markup, or other technical elements. Screaming Frog’s data extraction feature using XPath or regex allows them to collect this information efficiently.
- Integration with GA, GSC & PSI: Integration with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and PageSpeed Insights APIs provides you with valuable performance and user data for all crawled URLs.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider offers a flexible pricing model, allowing you to choose between a free version and a paid version with additional features and crawling capabilities.
- Free Version: Limited to 500 URLs
- Paid Version: costs $259 per year
Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Comprehensive website auditing||Learning Curve|
|Flexible pricing||Limited Free Version|
|Data extraction using XPath or regex,||Not cloud based|
|Support for multiple users|
Semrush Site Audit is favored for its user-friendliness and broad coverage of SEO aspects, catering to a wide range of users. On the other hand, Screaming Frog excels in providing deep technical insights, making it the preferred choice for experienced SEO professionals seeking detailed technical audits and customization options.
6. Surfer SEO: Best for Content Optimization
Surfer SEO is an on-page optimization tool that allows you to analyze your web pages and draw comparisons with the content ranking on the first page of search engines like Google.
Rather than guessing what Google favors for high rankings, this tool employs a data-driven approach to pinpoint what elements are lacking on your webpage, site, or content plan, to outperform your competitors in SERPs.
Surfer SEO vs. Semrush Writing Assistant (SWA)
Both Surfer SEO and Semrush Writing Assistant offer content optimization solutions for search engines, but they employ distinct approaches.
Surfer SEO’s Content Editor, a robust optimization tool, provides insightful suggestions aimed at helping your page achieve a first-page ranking on Google. Additionally, it evaluates the SEO-friendliness of your content in comparison to your competitors and offers valuable recommendations regarding formatting, such as word count and image usage.
Moreover, Surfer SEO offers unique keyword recommendations, guiding you on the keywords to incorporate into your article and suggesting their optimal frequency.
In contrast, Semrush Writing Assistant offers a more basic level of content optimization support. It provides limited suggestions for keywords and phrases to include in your content and lacks additional tools like an AI outline generator.
Given these differences, Surfer SEO stands out as a superior alternative to Semrush if you’re seeking a comprehensive content optimization tool.
- Content Editor: This tool offers real-time feedback by suggesting appropriate keywords, phrases, and content structures to help you create high-ranking content.
- Keyword Research: While not as robust as Semrush’s Keyword Magic, Surfer SEO’s Keyword Research tool assists you in discovering relevant topic clusters to enhance your content strategy and build topical authority.
- Surfer AI: Integrated within the Content Editor, this AI-powered tool enables you to generate content related to your chosen topic with the assistance of artificial intelligence.
- Growth Flow (Add-On): Available as an add-on for Surfer SEO subscriptions, Growth Flow analyzes your website to identify growth opportunities. It provides personalized recommendations to optimize your SEO efforts, encompassing content, keywords, and internal linking strategies.
- SEO Audit: This feature enables you to quickly repurpose your existing content and identify SEO errors that may be hindering your site’s ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- AI Article Outline Generator: This tool empowers you to create comprehensive content outlines for your articles and blog posts.
Surfer SEO Pricing
Surfer SEO offers four plans in its paid packages. The plans are priced primarily based on the number of articles you can optimize per month. Here’s the Surfer SEO pricing breakdown if you choose to pay on a monthly basis.
- Essential: $89 per month
- Advanced: $179 per month
- Max: $299 per month
- Enterprise: custom pricing
In case you exceed Content Editor limits you’ll be charged an additional $5 for the Essential plan and $3 for Advanced and Max plans.
Surfer SEO Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Outstanding SEO content optimization tool||Pricing is complicated and
expensive than Semrush
|A clean user interface||Some keywords suggestions are irrelevant|
|Great customer support|
|Find content gaps in your competitors and outrank them|
|Google Docs integration optimizing your content creation workflows|
Surfer SEO is an excellent on-page optimization tool and makes a great alternative to Semrush Writing Assistance. Its advanced algorithms and metrics allow you to create content that strikes a balance between readers and search engines. Although the tool provides other tools like keyword research tools it’s not as powerful as Semrush. In that case, Surfer SEO is best suited for what’s good at—content optimization.
7. Majestic: Best Backlink Checker Alternative
Majestic.com is one of the top backlink analysis tools offering the largest commercial link intelligence data. The tool uses a unique algorithm that crawls and indexes the web to create a database of link profiles.
Majestic SEO vs. Semrush
Majestic is a good Semrush alternative if you’re looking for a robust backlink analysis tool. While Semrush dabbles in various aspects of SEO, Majestic goes all-in on backlink analysis, making them true experts in the field.
Now, let’s talk numbers. Majestic boasts a mind-boggling database with over 4 trillion URLs, and they keep things fresh with regular updates.
The fresh index is updated hourly, while the historic index receives monthly updates. This is gold for SEO agencies, as it makes whipping up detailed link-building reports a breeze.
And the cherry on top—Majestic lets you go big with bulk backlink analysis. You can analyze a million URLs through file upload or do a quick analysis of 400 URLs by copy-pasting. Semrush, on the other hand, keeps you on a leash with a 200 URL limit, giving Majestic a distinct advantage for those requiring bulk analysis capabilities.
- Trust Flow: It’s a unique metric developed by Majestic that evaluates the reliability and trustworthiness of a website’s backlink profile. It operates on the idea that links coming from highly reputable and reliable websites carry more weight in the eyes of search engines. This metric assists in evaluating the trustworthiness of a website’s links, aiding in the decision-making process of which links to prioritize in your SEO efforts.
- Citation Flow: This metric measures the sheer quantity of backlinks directed towards a website, without considering their quality. It provides an indication of a website’s popularity based on the sheer volume of links it has accumulated.
- Historical Data: This feature grants you access to a website’s backlink history, allowing you to observe how a website’s backlink profile has evolved over time. It’s particularly useful for evaluating competitors’ long-term link-building strategies and identifying any unethical SEO practices if you are considering purchasing a website.
- Bulk Backlink Analysis: This enables you to analyze a large batch of up to 1,000,000 URLs at once. After analysis, you receive comprehensive data for each URL, including organic performance metrics, keyword rankings, detailed information about the links, and insights into gaps in the backlink profile. This capability is especially advantageous for SEO professionals and marketers dealing with extensive datasets, as it provides valuable insights on a large scale.
- API Access: Allows you to programmatically access Majestic’s extensive repository of backlink data directly through the backend, eliminating the need for manual interaction with the front-end interface.
Majestic has a plan for everyone. Whether you’re a small site owner, an SEO agency, or a huge enterprise looking to audit huge amounts of backlink data.
The SEO platform offers three paid plans all priced depending on the features, data, and usage limits you get access to.
- Lite: costs $49.99 per month
- Pro: costs $99.99 per month
- API: costs $399.99 per month
Majestic Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Solid backlink index with a huge URL index database||Keyword generator is wanting|
|Fresh links are updated on an hourly basis improving the freshness of data||Sometimes it manipulates referring domain numbers due to duplicated backlinks with URL parameters|
|Affordable than Semrush if you’re looking to access only the backlink analysis tool|
|Easily create customized reports|
|Unique data with reports such as Context Report|
Majestic SEO is a great Semrush alternative when it comes to Backlink Analysis and Auditing. It has a huge database of link indexes and uses unique metrics such as Trust Flow and Citation Flow that give you a sense of how relevant and useful a backlink is on your site. I also love how flexible their pricing is catering to every business size.
8. Keyword Insights: Best For Keyword Clustering
The best way to do SEO is to optimize your page to rank for multiple keywords. Understanding how keywords semantically relate to each other allows you to target a broad group of keywords with one piece of article.
However, manually working these keyword groups or keyword clusters out is very time-consuming and difficult. Which is what Keyword Insights is specifically built for.
Using Keyword Insights you can generate a huge list of keyword ideas, effortlessly group them into clusters, and even leverage its AI tool to create a new piece or optimize an existing content saving you more time.
Now, you must be thinking, “But wait, doesn’t Semrush do keyword clustering too?” Well, yes, it does.
But here’s the kicker—Keyword Insights does it better and we’re about to break down exactly why it outshines Semrush in this department.
Keyword Insights vs. Semrush
Let’s begin by comparing each tool’s approach to keyword clustering.
On the far end, Semrush relies on a mind-map visualization for keyword clustering, which, while user-friendly, does not provide as much control and precision.
In contrast, Keyword Insights employs an algorithm-based approach, analyzing SERPs to group keywords with similar ranking URLs. This method ensures that clusters are formed based on empirical data, enhancing the relevance of the clusters.
When it comes to customization, Semrush might feel a bit inflexible. You don’t get much say in tweaking the clustering settings to fit your specific needs.
Meanwhile, Keyword Insights, lets you customize the URL overlap, allowing you to fine-tune your clusters. This means you can create clusters that match your niche and content requirements, unlike the one-size-fits-all approach of Semrush.
Moreover, Keyword Insights has an AI-driven algorithm that analyzes output clusters, selects the best keyword from each cluster, and highlights it for content briefing and writing. Semrush doesn’t offer a similar AI-driven content briefing feature. This means Keyword Insights saves you time and effort in the content creation process, making it a top choice for efficiency in your content strategy.
- Keyword Discovery: input a single seed keyword and generate hundreds of relevant and related keywords quickly. It streamlines the process of keyword research by providing a wide range of keyword suggestions stemming from the initial seed keyword.
- Keyword Clustering: A potent tool that groups keywords with akin topical meanings into clusters. Each “keyword cluster” represents a set of keywords that can be effectively targeted together on a single page allowing you to organize and optimize content centered around specific topics or themes.
- Search Intent: This feature identifies the search intent behind keywords on a large scale. It analyzes a list of keywords and informs users how many of them serve informational, transactional, or other content types based on the top 10 results on Google.
- Content Briefs: An AI-powered application designed to expedite the creation of comprehensive article briefs. It assists in the planning phase of content creation by furnishing structured guidelines and suggestions for crafting high-quality content.
Keyword Insights Pricing
Now, let’s talk money. Keyword Insights offers competitive pricing plans, starting at just $58/month for the lowest tier. Semrush might seem relatively pricier, especially if you’re mainly interested in keyword clustering. Keyword Insights’ pricing is budget-friendly, making it a great pick for those watching their wallets.
Keyword Insights Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Advanced Keyword Clustering with its algorithm-based approach||Limited Integration|
|Google SERP Analysis g ensures high accuracy and relevance in clustering results||Lack of Historical Data|
|Affordable than Semrush if you’re looking to access only the backlink analysis tool|
|Ability to customize URL overlap thresholds and tailor clusters to specific niches|
|AI-driven content briefing|
9. Frase: Best for Creating Content Briefs
Frase is an AI-powered tool for optimizing and creating content. It utilizes advanced NLP algorithms to analyze top-ranking search engine content for any topic, generating highly effective content briefs and outlines.
Additionally, Frase.io offers real-time content optimization suggestions as you write. It does so by analyzing your content and offers recommendations for improvements, such as adjusting keyword density, improving readability, and enhancing engagement.
Frase vs. Semrush
Frase is a compelling alternative to Semrush if you’re looking for a content writing assistant to create content briefs, research your competitors’ content, and optimize your content for search engines.
With Frase, you can thoroughly analyze the top-ranking articles in search results, pinpoint essential headings, gather crucial resources and statistics, and effortlessly generate insightful content briefs.
Semrush Writing Assistant, on the other hand, leans more towards content optimization than on comprehensive competitor research. While it provides SEO recommendations it doesn’t offer the same level of competitor insights you’ll find with Frase.
Frase also helps you generate content briefs based on the questions people commonly ask about a particular topic. This feature is pure gold for meeting user intent, ensuring your content hits the mark and answers the burning questions your audience has.
What’s more, Frase offers support for multiple languages including French, Spanish, German, Danish, Dutch, and more, making it suitable for users with international content needs.
- SERP Research: You can input a target keyword, and Frase analyzes the top 20 search results related to that keyword. It then generates a detailed SERP overview, including information such as what types of content are ranking, potential headings, resources, statistics, news articles, and Wikipedia topics related to the keyword.
- Outline Builder: After conducting SERP Research, you can use the Outline Builder to create an outline for your article. You can select and include potential headings and subheadings from the research data streamlining your content creation workflow.
- AI Content writer: Frase’s AI Content Writer offers a range of templates designed to accelerate content creation. Simply input your topic or title, and based on your chosen template, Frase’s AI will generate content, such as introductions, paragraphs, or entire articles.
- Content optimization: rase provides content optimization recommendations derived from an analysis of top-ranking content for a specific keyword. It offers suggestions for keywords to target, recommended word counts, and insights into semantically related keywords.
- Frase Templates: Frase offers a diverse selection of templates tailored for various content types, such as blog introductions, question-and-answer formats, SEO-focused content, marketing copy, and more. Users can select a template that aligns with their specific content goals.
Pricing is another aspect that sets Frase and SWA apart. In order to access the SWA you need to pay for the entire Semrush’s marketing stack which makes it pricey if you only need to use a writing assistant tool. Here’s a breakdown of Frase’s pricing.
- Solo: costs $14.99/mo
- Basic: costs $44.99/mo
- Team: costs $114.99/mo
Frase Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Create well-researched content briefs||Keywords suggestions could be better|
|Super simple user interface||Few integrations|
|Integration with Google Docs and WordPress to streamline workflows|
Frase excels when it comes to creating detailed content briefs. It provides valuable insights for creating well-structured content outlines making it a strong choice for doing in-depth content research and competitor analysis.
10. AccuRanker: Best Rank Tracking Semrush Alternative
To run a successful SEO campaign, you need a reliable tool that lets you monitor your websites, keywords, and rankings on both desktop and mobile platforms. This is precisely what AccuRanker is designed to accomplish.
The tool boasts of being one of the fastest and accurate rank tracking software providing updates in 24 hours. Semrush also provides a comparable tool known as Position Tracking, offering similar capabilities. So, what sets AccuRanker apart and makes it a compelling alternative to Semrush’s Position Tracking tool? Let’s find out.
AccuRanker vs. Semrush Position Tracking
One thing that makes AccuRanker a great alternative to Semrush is its accurate and real-time data when it comes to keyword tracking.
While Semrush offers updates within 24-48 hours which is almost the same timestamp as AccuRanker (which provides updates in 24 hours) AccuRanker gives you the flexibility to initiate manual updates.
If you need the latest data instantly, you can simply hit the instant refresh button and you can view realtime keyword ranking positions.
Given that Google continually updates its ranking algorithm, this feature enables you to promptly assess how these changes impact your rankings and make immediate adjustments.
- Keyword Rank Tracking: AccuRanker allows users to track the rankings of specific keywords or key phrases across various search engines, including Google, Bing, YouTube, and Baidu. Users can monitor how their website’s pages rank for these keywords over time.
- Desktop and Mobile Tracking: The tool offers the ability to track keyword rankings on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Local SEO Tracking: AccuRanker enables users to track keyword rankings for specific geographical locations, making it useful for businesses that rely on local search traffic.
- SERP Feature Tracking: You can monitor and analyze various SERP features, such as featured snippets, knowledge panels, and more, to gain a better understanding of how their content is displayed in search results.
- Competitor Tracking: AccuRanker allows users to monitor the rankings of up to 10 competitors per domain, providing insights into how their website’s performance compares to that of their competitors.
- Share of Voice: This feature helps you understand your brand’s visibility and market share by tracking how often your website appears in search results for specific keywords.
- Historical Data: AccuRanker provides historical search volume data for keywords, allowing users to track changes in search trends over time.
AccuRanker’s pricing structure revolves around the number of keywords you wish to monitor. It’ll cost you $129 per month to track 1000 keywords. You’ll also get a 10% discount if you choose annual billings. Moreover, the tool offers a 14-day free trial where you can track up to 100 keywords. Read detailed AccuRanker review.
AccuRanker Pros and Cons
|✅ Pros||❌ Cons|
|Fresh and updated ranking positions||No mobile app|
|Ability to track keywords on a local level||Not ideal for users looking for all-in-one SEO platform|
|Segment and filter keyword ranking data on a deeper level|
|A great report builder|
|Track keywords from an unlimited number of domains|
AccuRanker is an exceptional keyword-tracking tool thanks to its intuitive dashboard and high-quality rank-tracking data. Additionally, it ranks among the top mobile rank-tracking tools available today. With the capability to provide instant ranking data and seamless integration with other tools, such as Google Data Studio, AccuRanker offers a comprehensive solution for your tracking needs. To delve deeper into this tool’s features and capabilities, have a look at our in-depth AccuRanker review.
Best Semrush Alternatives: FAQ
Yes, there are free alternatives to Semrush that you can use for basic keyword research, competitive research and site auditing. Here are our best picks.
Google Keyword Planner
Google Search Console
Ahrefs, Moz, and Serpstat are known for their strong SEO analysis and keyword research capabilities.
SpyFu, iSpionage, and SE Ranking are excellent alternatives for PPC and competitive advertising research.