Wondering which is the best blogging platform to start a blog in 2024? If yes, then stick with us throughout this article.
Choosing the best blogging site is important for both beginners and professional bloggers. That’s because each platform includes a set of unique features for designing and growing your blog. Also, the cost of getting started varies.
However, selecting one from so many blog sites isn’t so easy! Trying each site and figuring them out takes a lot of time. But you don’t need to worry, we’ve made it easier for you!
In this article, we’ll compare the best blogging platform and put them together with their pros and cons. Simply, go through them and pick one that fits your needs.
So, let’s get started!
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Blogging Platform
Your choice of a blogging platform depends on whether you are a beginner or advanced web developer. Or, if you want to focus on the design part of your blog along with the content.
But what exactly should you check when selecting your blog platform?
Here, we’ve enlisted some of the most important things to consider while selecting the best platform for your blog.
- Ease of use: Firstly, you need an easy-to-use platform that you can set up and configure easily. Easy to use platform helps you be more efficient.
- Cost efficient: You have to be mindful of the budget you have while choosing a platform. There is no advantage of choosing an expensive option over cheap one if it affects you.
- Monetization options: If you are thinking of becoming a full-time blogger and earning from it, then you have to choose a platform that offers better monetization options. Most blog sites may allow you to monetize your blog, however, the options may vary.
- Flexible: A good blogging platform requires a good set of features and the ability to add more as your blog grows.
- Support: Finally, look for a platform that offers best support. As, your blog changes and grows over time. You want your blogging platform to keep up with your growing blog and have support for a long time.
With that said, let’s see the best blogging platforms below.
15 Best Blogging Platforms for Making a Blog in 2024
WordPress.org is one of the most popular blogging platforms. It’s an open-source free blogging platform used to make your website or blog within minutes.
In addition, you can edit your blog to your liking with the themes or layout you want. You don’t have any restrictions on showing different ads and affiliate marketing for monetization purposes.
- You have control over every aspect of your website or blog.
- There are thousands of free and paid themes available for better customization.
- You can also add different features like a store, forums, and more to make it more interactive. In addition, you can sort articles with categories and tags.
- With self-hosting, there are unlimited monetization options available and you can earn with ads.
- There are over 59000 free plugins on the WordPress.org plugin repository. These allow you to add different features.
- WordPress has a large developer community and many expert support options.
- It’s very cost-effective. You can start at around $2/mo. with cheap hosting.
- Although beginner-friendly, there is a bit of a learning curve for managing your website.
- You have to take care of hosting.
- However, you need to manage security, performance, and backups on your own.
How Much it Costs to Start a Blog in WordPress?
WordPress is a free open source software but you need a domain name and hosting service. This might cost around $9/year for a domain name and around $5/month for hosting.
Luckily, there are some best WordPress hosting companies like Bluehost and DreamHost that provide cost-effective plans for new bloggers. They offer hosting plans at discounted prices and also free domain names at the purchase of hosting plans.
For example, you can buy WordPress hosting for $2.95 per month and get a free domain name from Bluehost. Similarly, DreamHost also offers WordPress hosting for just $2.59 per month and a free domain name along with it.
If you’re looking for a flexible and powerful blogging platform with great opportunities to grow your blog and make money, then WordPress.org is the best for you.
Check out the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
Blogger is a free blogging platform run by Google. It was started by Pyra Labs in 1999 but Google acquired it in 2003. It gives a very quick and easy way to start a blog.
In addition, Blogger is one of the first blogging platforms on the internet. It provides a free blog hosting service and also gives you a free Blogspot subdomain.
Your free blog’s address will look like www.yourblogname.blogspot.com.
Also, you can integrate your blog with Google AdSense. Google will analyze your blog and display ads to monetize your blog. Although not as good as WordPress, you can still monetize your blogger blog.
- It’s a free blogging platform.
- Very easy to use and manage without any technical skills.
- Also, takes care of hosting, maintenance, and more.
- It has many mobile-responsive templates.
- It can also be integrated with Google Drive for backups and other Google products too.
- Moreover, you only need a Google account to start.
- Limited by basic blogging tools and a lack of features to add.
- There are very few design options.
- Third-party templates are not of high quality.
- The displayed ads are not under your control.
- Google can shut down blogs or services altogether anytime it wants.
- Difficult to transition from other platforms.
What’s the Cost of Starting a Blog on Blogger?
Although it lacks customization and functionality, it costs absolutely nothing to use. It’s a completely free blogging platform. Your only expense is if you need a custom domain.
You can connect your blog with a custom domain but you’ll need to register it from a third-party domain registrar company.
People want to express their creativity and tell people stories. They’re more focused on writing rather than managing a blog. If you are one of those, who wants a simple blogging platform with no need for customization, then Blogger gets the job done pretty well.
Not sure if you should go for WordPress or Blogger? Check out our comparison WordPress vs Blogger.
With 1+ million successfully generated websites, 10Web AI Website Builder lets you easily create and customize sites without technical expertise. Also, it ensures responsive design for seamless adaptability across devices.
With its AI writing assistance, you can write content 10 times faster using either Gutenberg or Classic editor. Use this AI to write a blog post outline, intro paragraph, and conclusion. Also, it comes with 20+ content templates you can choose from.
Besides, you can easily generate your personalized AI website, where you only need to fill out the name, title, and purpose of your blog. Then your website URL will look like www.10web-site.ai/blog name.
- Offers high-performance hosting by Google Cloud.
- 275 data centers located across the globe provide visitors with location-based access to your site.
- You can connect your custom domain and publish your website.
- Get 10GB CDN bandwidth for each additional purchase.
- Some users might find the pricing plans of 10Web a bit expensive.
- There may still be a learning curve for beginners, particularly those who are entirely new to website building and design.
- Users who heavily rely on the 10Web platform may find it challenging to migrate their websites to another hosting provider or platform in the future.
- Compared to some other website builders, 10Web may have fewer third-party integrations.
What’s the Cost of Starting a Blog on 10Web
With 10Web AI Website Builder, you can get started for free. But it can be good for learning how it works.
For some advanced features, get the premium version. Also, the pricing plan depends on what you want to build like business, Ecommerce and Agency.
Here, we’ll talk about Business pricing plans, that come with 3 pricing options on its official website.
- AI Starter Plan: Costs $10 that comes with 10Web SI Builder, Elementor AI assistant, 10K monthly visitors, etc.
- AI Premium Plan: Costs $15 per month with 50K words Elementor AI assistant, 50K monthly visitors, 15GB SSD storage, and more.
- AI Ultimate Plan: Costs $23 per month with unlimited wors Elementor AI assistant, 200K monthly visitors, 20GB SSD storage, Cloudflare Enterprise CDN, etc.
If you’ve no experience in coding, then consider trying 10Web Ai Website Builder. It’s super user-friendly with AI design help, perfect for easy website creation, responsive, SEO-friendly, and supports e-commerce.
Launched in 2012, Medium is a community of writers, bloggers, experts, and journalists. Almost like Tumblr, Medium is focused on the visual aspect of blogging. It’s very easy to use a blogging platform with some social-media features.
Medium is like a social networking site, where you can post articles without much hassle. Like social media, you’ll get a subdomain and won’t be able to use your custom domain.
Your blog URL will look like www.medium.com/@yourname or www.yourname.medium.com. But if you want a custom domain, then you can register on a domain registration site like Namecheap and connect to it.
Medium has a pre-existing design layout so you don’t have to design your blog. Unlike other blogging platforms, Medium has a built-in audience. This makes it debatable if Medium is a platform or a publisher.
- Very easy and no setup is required.
- It doesn’t require any coding skills.
- It has an existing online community so reaching the audience is easy.
- Focused on writing rather than designing.
- It has a great user interface.
- You can embed content from other social media like Twitter and YouTube.
- Very few customization options.
- You don’t control the content.
- Since the audience is owned by the medium, losing a blog means losing the audience.
- You can’t use your custom domain.
- You can’t run ads and have fewer monetization options.
What’s the Cost of Building a Blog on Medium?
Medium is a free-to-use platform. It works like any other social media. Although it’s free and easy to use, a lack of customization and monetization causes people to migrate to platforms like WordPress.
If you’re not focused on monetization and want a familiar feel as social media to the platform, then Medium is best for you.
Besides, it also comes with membership plans, which are,
- Medium Membership Plan: Costs $5 per month and $60 per year. it offers read members-only stories, supports writers you read most, earns money for your writings, etc.
- Friend of Medium Plan: Costs $15 per month and $150 per year with all Medium members benefits plug writers earn 4 times when you read their stories.
Need more ideas on whether it’s better than WordPress? Check our complete guide WordPress vs Medium now!
Like its sister site WordPress.org, WordPress.com is also a very popular blogging platform for its expert support. It’s a blog hosting service offered by Automattic company.
This is a free platform that takes care of hosting and also provides a free subdomain for you. Moreover, different features are available without the installation of different plugins. It’s best for someone who is starting and is overwhelmed by self-hosted WordPress.org.
In its free version, there are fewer customization and editing options than WordPress.org. You also can’t run advertisements in your WordPress.com blog and also don’t have control over ads shown by WordPress themselves.
There are different packages to unlock different additional features. The free version gives you a subdomain, which looks like www.yourblogname.wordpress.com.
- Easy to use and manage.
- No hosting setup is required.
- It’s free and you don’t have to manage the hosting.
- Provides expert support.
- Built-in community functions.
- No need to worry about maintenance.
- Limited options on the free version.
- Lack of custom themes and plugins.
- You do not own your blog as you do in the .org version.
- You can’t control the ads shown by WordPress.
How Much Money Do You Need to Start a WordPress.com Blog?
The free version of WordPress.com is very limiting and filled with branding. But, for the free version, you are not billed anything, and hosting is taken care of too.
But if you’re looking for some more advanced customization options, then there are several plans.
- Starter Plan: Costs $ 160 per month that comes with free domain for one year, Ad-free experience, fast DNS with SSL, etc.
- Explorer Plan: Costs $280 per month with everything from the starter plan. Also includes live chat support, premium themes, earn with WordAds, and more.
- Creator Plan: Costs $640 per month with everything from the explorer plan. Also includes unrestricted bandwidth, global edge caching, high-burst capacity, and more.
- Entrepreneur Plan: Costs $1150 per month with everything from the creator plan. Also includes premium store themes, unlimited products, dynamic product upsells, and more.
WordPress.com is excellent for starting and learning. When your blog grows or if you want control over monetization and more features, you can easily transfer to WordPress.org.
Want to know more, then check our article on WordPress.com vs WordPress.org.
Substack is home to great writers, as it offers a very minimalist interface. It’s an online platform for publishing newsletters. Also, Substack allows you to send newsletter emails to your subscribers.
In addition, it provides simple and powerful publishing. Therefore, you can spend all your time on writing, and Substack will take care of everything else. Also, you’ll own your content, your IP, and your mailing list.
Moreover, it comes with more features like subscription publishing, where you can choose which posts to publish as free or only paid subscribers. Also, quickly switching to Substack takes less than 5 minutes. You can import your content and mailing list from WordPress, Medium, and even some custom web pages.
- Substack is free to sign up and start publishing
- It’s easy to set up and use.
- Allows you to add short audio notes to the newsletter.
- You retain all rights to the work you publish.
- You can add paid subscriptions and keep 90% of the revenue.
- It provides limited integration with third-party apps.
- This platform gets expensive if you’ve many paying subscribers.
- Plus, offers only limited blogging and SEO features.
What’s the Cost of Starting a Blog on Substack?
Substack allows free publishing. Also, you can send free newsletters to your free subscribers. however, if you add a paid subscription, Substack charges 10%. However, the price of this platform rises as per the growth of your paid subscribers.
Substack is created for writers who want to publish a blog or newsletters. If you are one of them then Substack is for you. Also, you’ll get access to a variety of tools that’ll help you create a clean post and add social share buttons, images, etc.
Bluehost is a popular web hosting platform that has good support for WordPress sites. Now, it has also introduced a user-friendly WordPress site builder. So, it provides an all-in-one solution for building your blog. Hence, you can easily set up and start running your blog in no time.
You can easily create your blog without any coding skills. Just use drag and drop while creating an awesome blog site. Talking about the user experience it’s super easy to use. The user interface is modern and sleek and the user experience is great while building your blog.
They also provide you with a free domain for a year in WordPress and dedicated hosting plans. In addition, you’ll also get free SSL for your blog site.
- Simple and easy to use
- Fast and high-performance servers
- 24/7 customer support
- Variety of web hosting plans
- 1 click WordPress site builder
- Stock image library for your blog
- eCommerce dedicated hosting
- SEO Optimization with built-in tools
- Expensive domain plans
- High renew charges
- US-only servers
How Much it Costs to Start a Blog on Bluehost Site Builder?
Bluehost is a paid platform. You need to pay according to the plans you choose. Let’s take a look at them.
- Basic Plan: Costs $2.95 per month with free domain for the first year for a single site, free SSL, free WP migration tool, etc.
- Plus Plan: Costs $5.45 per month for 2 websites, 50K visit perm months, 20GB SSD web storage, free migration tool, staging environment, and more.
- Choice Plus Plan: Costs $5.45 per month with 200K visits per month, 40GB SSD web storage, malware scanning, daily website backup free for the first year, and more.
- Pro Plan: Costs $13.95 per month with 400K visits per month for 5 sites, 100Gb SSd web storage, multi-site management, seamless updates, staging site, plugin collections, etc.
This is fantastic if you’re a beginner blogger. The cheapest plan starts from just $2.95 per month with free domain and security. Also, you can scale your blog in the future with more hosting plans available.
Tumblr is more of a microblogging platform with social media features like reblogging and sharing. It’s focused on a community of bloggers and is very famous among the young audience.
In addition, it’s easy to use and with its social media features, it feels more like social media than blogging. This platform focuses more on the visual aspect of blogging and shorter content than being text-based.
However, these features can be a good thing as well as bad depending on your blogging needs. It’s quite different from other blogging platforms but claims to have 500+ million different blogs.
- It has a childlike simplicity and interactive design.
- It’s a responsive design and is suitable for mobile platforms.
- Also, Tumblr is free and easy to use.
- Hosting is taken care of and provides a subdomain.
- Has sharing and reblogging features.
- Easy to publish content.
- It doesn’t provide features that are provided by other platforms.
- Very different from other platforms so might be hard to get used to.
- Backing up your content is hard.
- Features can’t be extended as the blog grows.
- Tumblr doesn’t have monetization options and you have to depend on posts sponsorship.
Tumblr is free to use and provides hosting features for free. It also provides a subdomain that looks like this: www.yourblogname.tumblr.com.
You can integrate custom domain names you get from third-party providers. You can also purchase third-party themes and pricing depends on your choice.
Young bloggers with a young audience will find Tumblr an easy to operate and familiar platform. If your blog works well with the social media approach, then Tumblr is the best for you.
But there are some paid features like Ad-free browsing, that’ll cost you $4.99 per month.
To learn more, check our side-by-side WordPress vs Tumblr comparison.
Trusted by 200,000+ leading organizations, Webflow is reshaping website creation with its dynamic design and CMS platform. At the same time eliminates the need for coding skills.
Also, it distinguishes itself by offering inclusive hosting services. Its hosted sites feature world-class performance and reliability and are fast for anyone. Besides, its hosting meets HTTP/2 standards and is compatible with HTTP/3.
Therefore, create the content structures you need, add content by hand, from a CSV, or via our API. Then you can start to design it visually. Also, connect any design element to your collections, then work with that content right on the page. No messy code work!
- You’ll get up to 150 static pages for your site.
- Up to 10K numbers of records you can have in your content management system.
- Also, 10 content editors can have access.
- You’ll get up to 300K visits for your website.
- Plus, you can collect 2.5K form submissions.
- For form submission, you’ll be charged $1 per extra 100 submissions after your limit.
- Pricing plans are expensive.
- Can be difficult, if you’re not familiar with web development concepts.
What’s the Cost of Creating a Blog on Webflow?
It’s free to get started with Webflow and use it as your hobby or as a staging site. With the free version, you’ll get an entry-level site with 2 pages, 50 CMS items, 50 form submissions, etc.
However, if you’re looking for something more advanced, then go for the premium version. There are 4 plans,
- Basic Plan: Costs $14 per month billed yearly and comes with 150 pages, 500 form submissions, free preview, 50GB bandwidth, and 250k visitors.
- CMS Plan: Costs $23 per month with 150 pages, 2K CMS items, 1K form submissions, 3 content editors, and more.
- Business Plan: Costs $39 per month with 150 pages, 10K CMS items, 2.5K form submissions, 10 content editors, form file upload, and more.
- Enterprise Plan: It’s a custom plan where you need to contact the Webflow team.
Webflow stands out as a robust web development platform, presenting tons of capabilities for creating impressive websites. It’s beneficial for businesses and individuals seeking to establish professional and customized sites without coding expertise.
Want to create a blog with Webflow? Then check our article on how to create a blog with Webflow.
It has many useful features and also can be edited by coding. For instance, live preview while writing helps you correct your mistakes while coding or writing.
Like WordPress, Ghost also has a self-hosting platform and a hosted platform.
Moreover, it offers a clean and easy-to-use interface with a responsive design that works on mobile platforms too. Its interface is often preferable to other platforms.
- Emphasis on blogging and writing.
- Clean, minimalist, and intuitive interface.
- Live blog posts preview.
- It has built-in SEO and social media capabilities.
- The configuration options are limited.
- It has a limited number of themes.
- It’s not easy to customize with apps.
- Self-hosting is difficult to use.
What’s the Cost of Creating a Blog with Ghost?
The self-hosted version of Ghost software is free to use. But it can be complex for absolute beginners. You have to pay about $15/year for a hosting account and around $8/month for a domain which can depend on availability.
The hosted platform is easy and you don’t have to worry about hosting and domain. It comes with different package offers based on the audience.
- Starter Plan: Costs $9 per month billed yearly for 500 members, 1 staff user, free official ghost themes, and standard built-in integrations.
- Creator Plan: Costs $25 per month with 1000 members, 2 staff users, unlimited custom themes, 1000+ Zapier integrations, and custom integrations.
- Team Plan: Costs $50 per month and billed yearly. It offers 1000 members with 5 staff users, priority support, higher user limit with everything from the creator plan.
- Business Plan: Costs $199 per month and billed yearly. It includes unlimited staff users, advanced domain configurations, 99.9% uptime SLA, and everything from the team plan.
If you write a blog about minimalism and want a platform with an elegant design that is focused on blog posts rather than design. Then Ghost is a great platform to try out. It’ll sit well with a minimalist style.
Jimdo offers the cheapest way to build an ad-free website. With Jimdo you can build different types of websites, including fitness, personal website, etc. You don’t require any coding knowledge to use this platform.
Also, it offers a Legal Text Generator in partnership with Trusted shops. This automatically creates customized legal text that is 100% GDPR-proof. You’ll also get updates about legal changes with automatic notifications.
Moreover, you can create your website and get a custom domain to match your company. Plus, the custom domain is free for the first contract term.
- It comes with a simple editing interface.
- Unlimited storage space on its business plan or higher.
- It’s optimized for mobile devices.
- Limited customization tools.
- Restrictive help and support are provided to non-premium plans.
What’s the Cost of Creating a Blog Site on Jimdo?
You can try the Jimdo blogging platform for free. Also, Jimdo is available in 2 pricing plans Website and Online Store.
Here we’ll talk about the website plan that comes with 3 pricing options.
- Start Plan: Costs $9 per month with domain included and Ad-free.
- Grow Plan: Costs $15 per month with everything from the start plan, plus SEO, visitor statistics, and support within 4 hours.
- Unlimited Plan: Costs $39 p[er month with everything from the plus plan. Also includes unlimited storage, professional design analysis, and more.
Jimdo is perfect for beginners who are fine with the free version. If you are a minimalist blogger and looking for an elegant website design. Then, Jimdo is the one for you.
Wix is one of the most versatile blogging platforms on the market. It offers solutions for different types of small businesses with a wide range of templates. Whether you own a business or a café, Wix has all sorts of templates and easy-to-use customization.
You can also add a blog to your website using Wix. You can create a great blog and website with no coding knowledge whatsoever. Wix also gives you a free subdomain.
If you use the free Wix subdomain, then your blog’s address will look like this: www.yourname.wixsite.com/blogname.
- Drag and drop design.
- Easy to use and no coding skills required.
- Different third-party apps and templates for customization.
- Different design options for different types of blogs.
- Many stock images to choose from.
- Designs your blog automatically using Artificial Intelligence (A.I).
- The free account is limited.
- Shows Wix branding and ads on your site.
- Free third-party apps are limited.
- Stuck with a template you choose at first.
- Unable to migrate to a different host.
- It’s quite difficult to transition to other platforms.
- Lacks features provided by other platforms.
- Limited eCommerce features.
What’s the Price to Get Started with a Wix Blog?
While Wix offers a free account, it’s full of branding and is very limited. The free version is only good for learning.
For custom domain and features, you have to go for the paid package which comes with 3 pricing plans.
- Business Basic Plan: Costs $17 per month with customer accounts, custom domains, unlimited bandwidth, and more.
- Business Unlimited Plan: Costs $25 per month, comes with 35GB storage space, 10 hours of video hours, and more.
- Business VIP Plan: Costs $35 per month, comes with 50GB storage space, unlimited video hours, 150 lead-capture forms, 100 fields per form, and more.
If you do not have any coding experience or knowledge but want to have a blog with good design, then Wix’s simple design system is best for you. Wix can be the platform you can start with.
Confused between WordPress and Wix? See our full comparison on Wix vs WordPress.
Weebly is one of the most popular blogging platforms with around 30 million users. It’s a great blogging platform for a pre-established business.
Moreover, it provides a wide range of features like drag and drop design tool which is useful to design with no knowledge of coding. Weebly is used for blogging and building websites.
Also, it’s easy to use if a business wants to integrate a website with a blog. It might have some learning curve but it’s quite powerful and has many useful features.
For instance, it offers a step-by-step guide on how to build and launch a website. Plus, you’ll have eCommerce tools to simplify order management, shipping, and payments of online stores.
- Very easy to use.
- Designing is easy with drag-and-drop building tools.
- Good selection of mobile apps.
- Integrates with Google Analytics.
- It has strong SEO features.
- There are a few integrated features.
- There is a limited number of third-party integrations.
- Free plans have Weebly branding on sites and subdomains.
- It’s difficult to export sites.
What’s the Cost of Building a Blog on Weebly?
Weebly offers a free account with free SSL security, and a domain with Weebly branding. Your free blog’s address will look like this: www.yourblogname.weebly.com.
You can overcome this with a paid option. They are,
- Personal Plan: Costs $10 per month billed manually and comes with free SSL, adds 3rd party embed code, and connects a custom domain.
- Professional Plan: Costs $12 per month and is billed annually, it comes with unlimited storage, advanced site stats, a free domain, and more.
- Performance Plan: Costs $26 per month and billed annually, it comes with unlimited storage, free SSL, free domain, removal of Square Ads, etc.
Weebly is perfect if you are a beginner blogger and are okay with the free version. Weebly is good to set up your portfolio if you have no coding skills.
You can also check our article on best Weebly alternatives.
Squarespace is a website builder tool with easy drag and drops design tools. It offers a wide variety of templates that are flexible and easy to use. You can use these templates to build a portfolio website, online store, blogs, etc.
It’s a blogging platform that doesn’t require any coding knowledge to create a beautiful website. This mainly focuses on small business owners who are looking for an easy way to create an online presence.
Moreover, it provides support for a growing blog or business. It has many features that can help in marketing your business. Squarespace will help you to stand out in any inbox with Squarespace Email Campaigns. You can create powerful email marketing content with your existing products, blog posts, and logo.
- It’s beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- Squarespace includes hosting and custom domains in its package.
- Different beautiful and attractive design templates.
- It has eCommerce functionality.
- It comes with built-in SSL encryption.
- In addition, you’ll get good support from the Squarespace support forum.
- Limited with only using features provided by the platform.
- Very few third-party integrations.
- The online store package is more expensive than average.
How Much Money is Needed to Start a Squarespace Blog?
Although you can get started for free, Squarespace has different types of paid plans for websites and online stores.
- Personal Plan: Costs $16 per month and includes mobile-optimized websites, templates to fit every need, custom domain, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $23 per month with advanced web analytics, fully integrated eCommerce, checkout on your domain, and more.
- Commece Basic Plan: Costs $27 per month with templates, free custom domain, mobile optimized website, etc.
- Commerce Advanced Plan: Costs $49 per month with powerful mechanisms, sell subscriptions, advanced discounting, and more.
Because of the expense, people often switch to WordPress. If you want to create a truly beautiful design business or a professional blog and want to invest money into it, then Squarespace is for you. It’s suitable for professional eCommerce stores and business owners.
Also, you can check our article on WordPress vs Squarespace for more information.
GoDaddy is a popular domain name registration company on the market. To help users start blogging in an even easier way, it’s now launched a website builder and a blogging platform. It comes with templates for almost any type of website like art, food, home decor, and more.
Simply pick a design and use the drag-and-drop editor to add your image or text. You can create a simple website or a complex one as per your desire. It also allows you to add a full online store with product listing, coupons, shopping cart, and more.
In addition, it includes email marketing and provides a free 1-month trial period. Although there’re not many customization options, it’s like a blank canvas and you can design it from scratch. You can easily edit or add entire sections like a photo gallery, menu, or price lists.
- It’s easy to get started.
- Also, guides you through the start.
- Integrated social and email marketing features.
- Easy to create an online store.
- On-the-go editing.
- Offers SSL encryption and 24/7 support.
- Mobile optimized platform.
- It looks plain and simple.
- Many features need improvements.
- Hard to import and export with other blogging platforms.
- Lacks good SEO for free and basic plans.
How Much Money is Needed to Start Blogging with GoDaddy?
You can start for free with the GoDaddy Website Builder. Also, it has 4 premium pricing plans.
- Basic Plan: Costs $9.99 per month and comes with free SSL, custom domain connection, on-the-go editing, and more.
- Standard Plan: Costs $10.49 per month and comes with SEO optimization, 3 social media platforms, 20 social posts & responses per month, etc.
- Premium Plan: Costs $14.99 per month and comes with unlimited social media platforms, unlimited social posts & responses, 25,000 email marketing spends per month, and more.
- E-commerce Plan: Costs $16.99 per month and comes with product listing, flexible payments, flexible shipping options, and more.
If you want your blog SSL certified and have a responsive design, then GoDaddy website builder can be a decent blogging site. But being open to other options might help you find good platforms.
What’s Our Recommended Blog Platform?
The right blogging platform for you depends on your needs and ability. But we have picked the best platforms on the market so that you can take it as a reference.
We believe that WordPress.org is the best platform that overperforms all other blogging platforms. It’s powerful, easy to use, affordable, and the most flexible of all available blogging platforms.
However, you need a domain and hosting account to start with WordPress.org. But with the right services chosen, you can make the best blog possible with WordPress.
For example, use one of the best managed WordPress hosting platform services! Starting your blog is easy. Once setup is done, you’ll have a high-performance, speedy, and secure blog! You can then focus on creating great blog articles and monetization!
Moreover, it’s compatible with almost every kind of need and requirement. Also, it’s very cost-effective. You can always go for a .com version if you don’t care about monetization and be okay with less customization.
So, that’s all folks! Here, we’ve listed the best blogging platforms in 2024. Hope you liked it and were able to determine the one for building your blogging website.
The list contains some of the top options for a fully functioning blogging website. You don’t have to go for the best of the best when starting a blog website. Simply start with a simpler one and always upgrade when you get familiar with blogging.
However, we want our readers to choose wisely, so first, try and test the platforms of your preference. You can find platforms that provide trial periods free of cost.
And, if you still have any confusion, then post your queries in the comment below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Also, if you’re using any of the platforms, then let us know your experience in the comment below.
Some of the links on this article/page are affiliate links. If you click on such an affiliate link and purchase the product, we’ll earn a specific percent commission from the seller. But it won’t at all affect the price you’ll pay.