If you are running a business, you need to generate leads. If you don’t, you will not make as many sales, so your business won’t survive long.
If your business is online, there are various things you need to do to capture leads and turn them into customers – for example, pop-ups, newsletter sign-up forms, and sales funnels.
Thankfully, many lead-generation WordPress plugins are available to help you do that. Here, I take a look at ten of the best.
🏆 Best for easily creating great-looking newsletters.
Newsletter is a popular lead-generation WordPress plugin, having been installed on over 300,000 websites so far. It has a friendly user interface with lots of options that it guides you through. And if you do get stuck, the support team is excellent.
The only bad thing about Newsletter is that if you try to use the admin dashboard on a mobile device, you might have problems. But other than that, this is an excellent lead-generation software.
- Build responsive newsletters with the easy-to-use drag-and-drop composer.
- Unlimited subscribers and newsletters with statistics and tracking.
- Advanced targeting.
- Compatible with SMTP plugins, such as WP Mail SMTP, Easy SMTP Mail, Post SMTP (aka Postman), and WP Mail Bank.
- Multiple language support.
- Customizable form, page, or widget.
- Fine control of delivery speed.
- Subscription spam check.
The Newsletter plugin gets an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars from 1,067 reviews on WordPress.org. The most recent reviewer said, “It works amazingly, with a handy and friendly interface. Just give it a try you will not be disappointed.”
- friendly interface;
- many options that it easily guides you through;
- support is excellent.
- The admin dashboard is not mobile-friendly.
🏆 Best for quickly creating great-looking pop-ups.
Hustle comes from the makers of the popular Forminator contact form plugin. It is designed with beginners in mind, with many great-looking templates that anyone without any technical experience can instantly use.
It can be easily customized, too, and many options are available such as borders, spacing, shadow, module sizing, and more. You can send emails from the plugin, but it also integrates with all the main email services, such as AWeber, GetResponse, MailChimp, and many more.
- instant templates for any type of offer you can think of;
- many customization options, such as borders, spacing, shadow, module sizing, and more;
- target specific devices, browsers, countries, referrals, and more;
- schedule your pop-ups and slide-ins to appear on certain days and times;
- send out manual or automatic emails;
- integrates with popular form builders such as Forminator;
- integrates with all the main email services such as AWeber, GetResponse, MailChimp, and many more.
Hustle has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars from 816 reviews on WordPress.org. 76% of all reviews are 5-star.
- You can easily customize the appearance.
- Very reliable.
- Excellent support.
- A few users have reported problems with the plugin, but these are rare.
🏆 Best for building forms with Gutenberg.
If you are a fan of WordPress’s Gutenberg blocks editor, you will probably love JetFormBuilder by Crocoblock. It is easy to use and intuitive, but if you do get stuck (unlikely), support will be sure to help you out.
One thing I particularly like about JetFormBuilder is how you can create multi-step forms with page breaks and a step indicator. You can also build awesome calculator forms with calculated content and hidden fields.
YouTuber Paul C from WPTuts, has this excellent overview of JetFormBuilder’s features:
- use Gutenberg blocks to build and style forms visually;
- includes 19 different form types: select, time, radio, media, checkboxes, WYSIWYG, text, range, date, numbers, and more;
- use conditional logic to create smart forms that react to the user’s choices;
- build calculator forms with calculated content and hidden fields;
- create multi-step forms with page breaks and step indicators.
JetFormBuilder has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars from 12 reviews on WordPress.org. One reviewer describes it as the best alternative to Gravity Forms.
- Great if you like using Gutenberg blocks.
- Easy to use and intuitive.
- Great support.
- Interface can be complicated for WordPress newbies.
🏆 Best for notification bars and powerful Call To Action pop-ups.
Icegram Engage is an excellent free WordPress plugin for creating eye-catching top bars and pop-ups, as you can see in this demo. It also works well in combination with another Icegram plugin called Icegram Collect, which you can use to create awesome signup forms.
- create elegant header and footer bars to welcome or direct visitors;
- direct customers to an appropriate support page or landing page;
- create powerful Call To Action elements that prompt your audience to take action;
- provide lead magnets and relevant resources that your audiences love, reducing bounce rate;
- retain customers with coupon codes.
Icegram Engage has an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars from 354 reviews on WordPress.org. Recent reviewers have praised the helpful support.
- Great for creating news bulletin pop-ups.
- Works well in combination with their other plugin – Icegram Collect.
- Completely free.
- Excellent support.
- It may slow down your site a bit, according to one reviewer.
🏆 Best for creating awesome-looking pop-ups with Elementor.
JetPopUp by Crocoblock has everything you could ever want from a pop-up plugin. It comes with many great-looking pop-ups for every pop-up situation, whether it’s getting email subscribers, notifying visitors about a discount, GDPR notification, and more, it’s got it all.
If you already use Elementor, JetPopUp is perfect because it uses the Elementor editor to customize pop-ups. And you can change many things about the display and functionality of the pop-ups, as YouTuber Ferdy Korpershoek shows in this awesome demonstration video:
- drag and drop Elementor widgets to create your desired layout.
- set where and when you want the pop-up to display – date, time, user action, and specific pages.
- animation effects to bring your pop-up to life.
- various presets to choose from – no need to create your pop-up from scratch.
- decide how your pop-up will appear – classic, slide-in, bar (top or bottom), bordering, full view, or custom.
- eye-catching animation effects.
- You can quickly and easily create awesome-looking pop-ups for any purpose.
- Many excellent ready-made pop-up templates to choose from.
- Works with Elementor – easy to customize.
- Not free – costs $22 per year.
🏆 Best free pop-up plugin.
It comes with various pop-up templates and layouts, such as slide-in notifications, a fake chatbox, a lightbox, a progress bar, and an opt-in form. You can create rules for when and where to display the pop-ups, and you can also set them to display according to the behavior of the user. It also has analytics and reporting so you can see how well your pop-ups perform.
- variety of pop-up templates and layouts – slide-in notifications, chatbot, lightbox, progress bar, opt-in form.
- integrates with Customer Relationship Management tools.
- create rules for when and where to display pop-ups and set them to display according to user behavior.
- analytics and reporting to see how well your pop-ups are performing.
HollerBox has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars from 28 reviews on WordPress.org. However, some recent reviewers have reported problems with it.
- Easy to use.
- Great support.
- Some recent reviews have complained about some bugs.
🏆 Best for email subscriptions.
Getsitecontrol is an excellent pop-up plugin for getting email subscriptions. More than one reviewer on WordPress.org said that their email subscriptions significantly increased once they started using Getsitecontrol. In addition, the plugin integrates with email marketing tools such as Mailchimp.
Getsitecontrol comes with a wide range of ready-made pop-up templates to choose from, so you don’t need to start from scratch. The pop-ups are mobile-friendly, and you can target them according to the device, location, and other factors, as well as visitor behaviors such as scrolling.
- wide range of ready-made pop-up templates to choose from;
- mobile-friendly pop-ups;
- target your pop-ups based on location, device, and other factors;
- display pop-ups based on visitor behavior;
- integrates with Mailchimp and other email marketing tools;
- performance charts to see how your pop-ups are performing;
- choose from multiple pop-up positions – floating and sticky bars, slide-ins, modal pop-ups, full screen, and floating buttons.
Getsitecontrol has an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars from 22 reviews on WordPress.org. However, the last review was over a year ago.
- Easy to set up and customize.
- Works great for email subscriptions.
- Excellent support.
- Many of the best features are not available in the free version.
🏆 Best for custom user registration forms and email subscriptions.
MailOptin, as the name suggests, is designed for email subscription pop-ups. And it does that wonderfully, as it integrates with all the email marketing tools such as Mailchimp, AWeber, and Constant Contact.
However, MailOptin is also good for creating custom user signup forms. This is because it integrates with the WordPress user system. And you can style these signup forms however you want and behave in various ways, such as pop-up, slide-in, or notification bar.
- intuitive pop-up builder – no need for technical skills;
- effective pop-up styles, including lightbox, before and after options, and sidebar/widget forms;
- display pop-ups on specific pages;
- integrates with all email marketing platforms, such as Mailchimp, AWeber, Constant Contact, etc.;
- integrates with the WordPress user system for creating custom user registration forms;
- integrates with many form plugins such as Gravity Forms and Forminator;
- integrates with WooCommerce;
- send automated newsletters.
MailOptin has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars from 376 reviews on WordPress.org. Many reviewers praise the excellent support.
- Easy to use.
- Highly customizable.
- Excellent support team.
- Not all of the features are available in the free version.
🏆 Best for sales funnels.
If you are doing any kind of sales on your website, you need to look at WPFunnels. It claims to be the first WordPress plugin that enables you to design sales funnels visually on a canvas layout. Also, it works with page builders Elementor, Gutenberg, Oxygen Page Builder, and Divi.
As you can see from this video, you can easily control the flow of the sales process, including upsells, checkout pages, and thank you pages:
- map your sales funnels with a drag-and-drop canvas;
- design your funnel steps with page builders Elementor, Gutenberg, Oxygen Page Builder, or Divi;
- control the buyer’s journey with conditional redirection;
- lead generation with opt-in forms;
- A/B split testing for optimizing your sales funnels.
WPFunnels has an average rating of 5 out of 5 stars from 31 reviews on WordPress.org. One reviewer gave it 4 stars.
- Easy to use with a great interface.
- Beautiful templates.
- Excellent customer service.
🏆 Best for integrating with CRM tools.
If you are looking for a way to synchronize your WordPress users to your CRM tool, this plugin is worth a try. You can use it to create forms without using a third-party form tool, although it does support Contact Form 7. It also integrates with WooCommerce and many different CRMs.
- you can create forms without using a third-party form tool;
- supports Ultimate Member and Contact Form 7 plugins;
- you can embed forms in posts, pages, or widgets;
- integrates with Salesforce, Zoho CRM, SuiteCRM, Freshsales, SugarCRM, and Vtiger CRM.
Lead Form Data Collection to CRM has an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars from 44 reviews on WordPress.org. Multiple reviewers say how helpful the support team is.
- Integrates with many different CRMs.
- Integrates with WooCommerce.
- Helpful support team.
- Some of the best features are only available in the Pro version.
The lead generation process involves gaining the interest of potential customers to sell to them eventually.
There are various ways to collect leads. Some effective ones include:
1) Using targeted paid ads on search engines or social media.
2) Improving the SEO of your website to show up in search results.
3) Asking current customers for referrals.
There are six main types of sales leads:
1) Hot leads — people who are already very interested in your company or products.
2) Warm leads — people already familiar with your type of business and products.
3) Cold leads — people who have not yet expressed any interest in your company or products.
4) Information-qualified leads — people who have shown some interest in your brand by signing up for your newsletter or downloading a free guide.
5) Sales-qualified leads — people your sales team has identified as likely to be interested in your products.
6) Marketing qualified leads — people who have already viewed and responded to your marketing messages. For example, they may have read one of your blog posts or clicked one of your ads but have not made a purchase yet.
The quickest way to find leads is through paid ads on search engines or social media. If done correctly, these will be highly targeted and can be up and running quickly.
What is the Best Lead Generation WordPress Plugin for You?
Which lead generation tool is best for you depends on what you want to use it for. Here is a quick rundown of the best for each scenario:
- Creating great-looking newsletters: Newsletter.
- Building forms with Gutenberg: JetFormBuilder.
- Notification bars and powerful calls to action: Icegram Engage.
- Creating awesome-looking pop-ups with Elementor: JetPopUp.
- Email subscriptions and user registration forms: MailOptin.
- Sales funnels: WPFunnels.
- Integrating with CRM tools: Lead Form Data Collection to CRM.