Searching for the best free WordPress hosting service for your startup? You’ve come to the right place!
The first step in creating a website is getting a reliable web hosting platform. Yet, not everyone can afford the price of web hosting, especially startups.
But the good news is that several web hosting companies offer free hosting for WordPress websites. However, choosing one from dozens of free hosting for WordPress sites can be challenging.
Thus, we’ve compiled the top 15 free WordPress hosting services in this article. So, keep reading to find the ideal match for your startup.
Let’s get started!
Is Free WordPress Hosting Worth it?
Now, the big question is, are free WordPress hosting services worth it?
To be honest, if you’re a student who is passionate about creating your business website or even a professional who is low on budget, then free web hosting services are your best option.
Below we’ve mentioned both advantages and disadvantages of free WordPress hosting. So, you can be the judge yourself and choose the hosting according to your need.
Advantages of Free WordPress Hosting Plans
- The very first benefit of free WordPress hosting is undoubtedly the price. You don’t have to pay a dime to host your site.
- Since these free hosting services don’t have tons of advanced solutions, this might be useful to beginners or non-tech savvy.
- Another great advantage is getting experience with the services and learning all the tips and tricks before making a financial commitment.
- Let’s not forget all the amazing layouts the free WordPress hosting services provide. With the help of these layouts, you can make your site go live in a matter of minutes.
Disadvantages of Free WordPress Hosting Plans
- Many hosting service companies place ads on your sites. The profits made by these ads go to the hosting companies. On the other hand, you’ll get lesser earning opportunities.
- Also, the bandwidth, disk space, and even web pages are limited and more restricted than paid WordPress hosts.
- The technical support favors the paid users over the free hosting users. The response time for the free user is 24 hours, and you’ll not get support as expected.
- Your domain name might contain the free hosting provider’s name as well. For example, www.yourwebsitename.000Webhost.com. This can make your site look unprofessional and unauthentic.
With that said, let’s start the list of free WordPress hosting for which you’ve actually come to this article.
15 Best Free WordPress Website Hosting
Before we get into all of the major details and pieces of information, here is a brief introduction to each free WordPress hosting we’ve listed below.
|Name||Disk Space||Support||Visit Site|
|WordPress.Com||3 GB||FAQs and Forums||Go To WordPress.com|
|000Webhost by Hostinger||300 MB||Live chat, Email, FAQs||Go To 000Webhost|
|InfinityFree||5 GB||Knowledge base, Forum||Go To InfinityFree|
|CloudAccess||Undisclosed||Live chat, Phone calls, Support ticket||Go To CloudAccess|
|AwardSpace||1 GB||Live chat, Email, Blog, Video tutorials, FAQs||Go To AwardSpace|
|AccuWeb Hosting||2 GB||Phone calls, FAQs, Email||Go To AccubWeb Hosting|
|x10hosting||Unmetered||Discord, Forum||Go To x10hosting|
|WPNode||1 GB||Blog, FAQs||Go To WPNode|
|ByetHost||1000 MB||Support ticket, Knowledge base, Video tutorials||Go To ByetHost|
|100WebSpace||100 MB||Video tutorials, Forum||Go To 100WebSpace|
|Freehostia||250 MB||Support ticket, Online documentation, Video tutorials||Go To Freehostia|
|FreeHosting||10 GB||Support ticket, Email, Phone call||Go To FreeHosting|
|GoogieHost||100 MB||Knowledge base, Email, Blog||Go To GoogieHost|
|FreeHostingNoAds||1 GB||Phone call, Email, Support ticket, Chat||Go To FreehostingNoAds|
|HostAwesome||100 MB||Support ticket, Live chat||Go To HostAwesome|
WordPress.com is one of the best free WordPress platforms you can find in the market. Unlike WordPress.org, the site takes care of all the hosting for you.
You don’t have to buy any software or pay for hosting, or even manage a web server. Thus, making it the perfect place to start if you’re a beginner.
While it’s an online platform similar to WordPress.org, the major difference is less hassle. Another difference could be the control you have over the site, which is limited.
If you’re interested in learning about the complete difference between them, here’s an article – WordPress.org vs WordPress.com.
However, it’s enough to start effortlessly online with what you get! Apart from that, it’s seemingly easy to set up.
While they offer various premium upgrades if you wish, the free hosting solves most of your WordPress needs.
Key Features of WordPress.com:
- Built-in social sharing with in-depth stats
- Hundreds of themes to choose from
- Mobile-friendly site creation
- Fast and friendly customer support
- Includes premium plans other than the free service
Pros of WordPress.com
- Brute-force protection
- Free for up to 1 GB of disk space
- Automatic updates and backups
- Hundreds of customizable themes are available
Cons of WordPress.com
- Your site can be deleted if you violate their Terms of Service
- You cannot build membership websites
- Ads will be placed on your free site without you getting the advantage
Another one of the highest-ranked free WordPress Hosting services, 000Webhost, is seemingly the choice of millions of active users. It’s a product of the popular WordPress hosting provider, Hostinger.
It’s a zero-cost website hosting with PHP, MySQL, cPanel, and no ads. The free services allow you to host 1 website. It also offers 300 MB of disk space and 3GB bandwidth.
It’s great for starters or medium-level projects; you can set it up in minutes. All you need to do is sign up with your credentials, and you’re good to go.
Key Features of 000Webhost:
- 99% uptime and speed optimized
- One-click installation process
- Custom control panel
- Support for PHP and MySQL databases
- In-built website builder
Pros of 000Webhost
- Huge disk space and bandwidth
- Free and reliable for all eternity
- Tutorials and guides to help with the processes
- Leading hosting service with guaranteed uptime
Cons of 000Webhost
- High chances of spamming
- Minimal security; free SSL is not available.
- A limited number of concurrent MySQL connections
Hostinger’s free hosting 000WebHost is worth trying out, but why settle for a compromised service when you have better deal for almost free?
Yes, you can try Hostinger’s Single Web Hosting plan, which only costs $1.99/month.
Even better, you can try their Premium Web Hosting plan that lets you host 100 websites + free domain + free SSL. It costs you just $2.99/month.
InfinityFree has been providing free hosting services for over 9 years. With 400,000 active users, it’s one of the leading free hosting services with WordPress support.
Furthermore, InfinityFree offers unlimited hosting, meaning there’s no limit on the number of WordPress websites you want to host.
Not to mention, you can also use your own domain name or choose a free subdomain from over 25 domain extensions.
If you choose InfinityFree, you’ll get 5 GB disk space, unlimited bandwidth, 400 MySQL databases, free SSL on all your domains, and free DNS service.
Key Features of InfinityFree:
- No ads on your website
- Free subdomain names
- Full .htaccess support
- Supports PHP 7.4 and MySQL 5.7
- Install WordPress with just a few clicks
Pros of InfinityFree
- 99.99% uptime
- Always up to date
- Completely free, no credit card required
Cons of InfinityFree
- No live chat or phone support
- Limited disk space
An open-source network and value, CloudAceess.net is yet another best free WordPress hosting on our list.
With their service, you get a basic CCP or Cloud Control Panel and other features like Site Replicator and App Snapshot tool absolutely free.
Other than that, you’ll never have to worry about losing your data as they keep it updated and backed up on a daily basis.
Not only this but for beginners’ and Novice’s sake, the site also provides full and free training to help get started on their hosting service.
What are you waiting for? Get this hosting right away!
Key Features of CloudAccess:
- Full access to MySQL
- Open source flexible hosting service
- Site Replicator for ease of access
- Training and tutorial are available
- Instant installation and launch
Pros of CloudAccess
- Open Source values hosting
- CCP with awesome tools
- Free training and tutorials
- Daily backups for safe-keeping
Cons of CloudAccess
- Limited to sub-domains
- Need to log in to CCP every month
- Can remove your site at any time if you violate their terms
This award-worthy free WordPress hosting is another great option to begin your online journey. Why? Simply put, AwardSpace is a completely ad-free and user-friendly platform to gain the awesome experience you wish for online.
Create any type of website, from a blog, or temporary sites, to small businesses, as AwardSpace provides hosting one domain with three different sub-domains.
You can install the most popular Content management System (CMS) – WordPress- with just a single click. What’s more, it offers 1 GB disk space and 5 GB monthly traffic.
Another awesome thing about this hosting company is that it provides a 99.9% guarantee for network uptime, making it one of the most reliable and speed-optimized hosts.
Key Features of AwardSpace:
- 24/7 customer service
- Spam/virus-protected online environment
- Web-based file manager for easier uploads and downloads
- Great range of disk space and bandwidth
- Free website builder with one-click installation
Pros of AwardSpace
- Ad-free hosting platform
- Spam and virus-protected service
- One domain with 3 sub-domains
- Range of bandwidth and disk space
Cons of AwardSpace
AccuWeb Hosting is another renowned name when it comes to the best free WordPress website hosting service.
Most of the free hosting services come with extra promotional banners or ads. However, with AccuWeb Hosting, you do not have to deal with all those hassles.
With a lifetime guarantee of free hosting service, you also get 2 GB SSD storage space and 30 GB monthly bandwidth. Ideal for around 5000 visitors on a monthly basis; you can easily set it up as well.
And to enjoy the lifetime free service, all you need to do is sign up for absolutely no cost and with no requirement for credit card details!
Key Features of AccuWeb Hosting:
- Custom Domain names
- Advertisement free
- SEO optimized plugins
- Complementary backup of your site
- High-level security with multi-layer DDoS Protection
Pros of AccuWeb Hosting
- High Security
- Lifetime Free offer
- Extremely fast loading website
- Free of Advertisement and sponsored links
Cons of AccuWeb Hosting
- Limited support for free hostings
- Free website migration is not available
- Shell Access is not available
As the name says, x10hosting is a free cloud hosting service with ten times better services than most services out in the market.
It’s a fully-featured web hosting solution that will set up your sites in a matter of minutes.
With 100% pure cloud SSD servers powered by top-of-the-line enterprise hardware, it’s a complete hosting package that takes care of all your hosting needs.
You also get full control over the account along with the latest versions of PHP, MySQL, and cPanel.
Key Features of x10hosting:
- Pure cloud SSD cloud servers
- Flexible web hosting
- User-friendly web hosting tools
- Complete control over the PHP scripts
- Easy upgrades and daily updates
Pros of x10hosting
- Full control over PHP scripts
- Optimized for high performance
- Premium upgrades are available
- Easy file and media uploads
- A flexible and user-friendly aspect of web hosting
Cons of x10hosting
- No live chat or phone support
- Limited security
Lighting fast and with powerful security options, WPNode is another great free hosting service we recommend to our users.
With no ads, no contract, and the best part about it is there are no strict policies to follow.
Besides, it provides strong security, free CDN, and email. Also, you get preconfigured W3 Total Cache plugin.
Not to mention, you can manage the database via phpMyAdmin and upload as well as download files via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
Key Features of WPNode:
- Free 1 GB email-based RoundCube
- Unlimited data transfer
- Full control over PHP database
- Easy file upload through SFTP
- Ad-free and spam-free hosting platform
Pros of WPNode
- Blazing-fast speed
- High-leveled security
- Free Global CDN by Cloudflare
- Unlimited WordPress sites
Cons of WPNode
- No choice in the hosting
- Limited support for free hosting
Byethost is a free WordPress hosting service that maintains its own clustered hosting network providing a powerful and load-balanced platform.
With a high range of reliability and speed, this free WordPress hosting is yet another name we do not hesitate to recommend.
In addition, it provides 1000 MB disk space and 50 GB monthly transfer. Also, you get 5 addon domains, 5 parked domains, and 5 subdomains. Byethost also offers email accounts to their customers.
Talking about the support, it has a support ticket system, a knowledge base, video tutorials, a domain definition guide, and more.
Key Features of ByetHost:
- Free Community Access
- Password-protected folders
- FTP account, as well as a File manager
- HTTP SSL on all free hosting domains
- MySQL databases and PHP support
Pros of ByetHost
- No advertisements
- Awesome speed and quality of the network
- Clustered network with load balance
- Full access to control of the site
- Space provisions with sub-domain
Cons of ByetHost
- Limited support for free hosting
If you want to get started online without any hassle and risk, 100WebSpace is the right choice.
Along with all the basic set of features, this free WordPress hosting also includes a special bonus- Web Apps Installer. This helps you launch a blog, photo gallery, etc., all within a matter of minutes.
Perfect for any website, we certainly recommend this service when starting out!
Furthermore, it offers 100 MB disk space, 3 GB monthly traffic, 1 hosted domain, and 3 email accounts.
Also, customer support is as helpful and efficient as ever! Not only do you get 24/7 live support, but you also get a 1-hour ticket or email response.
Key Features of 100WebSpace:
- One-click application installer
- Multilingual Control Panel
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Helpful site management tools
- Extensive online documentation
Pros of 100WebSpace
- Optional Dedicated IP address
- Unlimited parked domains
- Site statistics to keep track
- Anti-virus protection
Cons of 100WebSpace
- No free domain registration
- Trial not available
Another major name when it comes to providing free WordPress hosting services with a free domain is Freehostia.
Along with their chocolate plan, a basic hosting service, Freehostia also has free cloud hosting services you can get for your site.
Not to mention, it provides 250 MB disk space, 6 GB monthly traffic, 5 hosted domain(s), and 3 email accounts.
It doesn’t end here; Freehostia further provides 1 MySQL v.5 databases and 10 MySQL Storage. Along with their free hosting, you can also opt for their premium plans whenever you wish.
Key Features of Freehostia:
- Site management tools included
- Statistics to evaluate progress
- High leveled security
- One-click installer for easy access
- Option to choose from shared and cloud hosting platforms
Pros of Freehostia
- High level of security
- Choice of shared or cloud hosting platform
- Easy switch to premium plans
- Optimized features for easy access
Cons of Freehostia
- Limited bandwidth and disk space
- Limited MySQL database access
FreeHosting, as the name implies, provides free hosting with WordPress support. It has all the features and tools necessary to create your dream website.
And if you want extra features, you can always upgrade to the premium plan.
Apart from that, hosting account management has never been this easy. Thanks to the web hosting cPanel it provides.
The drag-and-drop site builder is another feature you get that’s going to make your WordPress website creating process smooth like butter.
Moreover, it offers 10 GB disk space, unmetered bandwidth, 1 email account, and your own domain hosting.
Key Features of Free Hosting:
- Free online site builder
- 1-click application installer
- One MySQL database
- Upload website using frontpage
- No limit on the number of visitors
Pros of Free Hosting
Cons of Free Hosting
- Limited support
- limited MySQL database
GoogieHost is a cloud-based web hosting service available for everyone all over the globe. Besides, it offers a user-friendly cPanel.
With GoogieHost, you get a drag-and-drop website builder to create a stunning site. Also, you don’t need any coding knowledge. Further, it provides business email accounts, free sub-domains, and 100 MB SSD space.
To add more, if you choose GoogieHost, you don’t need to worry about security at all. It offers Malware protection and SSL certification.
Also, it provides a knowledge base and blog tutorials for customer support. Further, if you’ve any problems, you can also get the support team via email.
Key Features of GoogieHost:
- 1-click installer
- A website builder is available
- Free sub-domain
- Malware protection
- Amazing customer support
Pros of GoogieHost
- No forced ads
- Speed optimized
Cons of GoogieHost
- No MySQL database
- No live chat support
FreeHostingNoAds, as the name implies, guarantees that it’ll not add any text links, banners, and pop-ups to your site. In fact, you can add your own ads and earn money.
Besides, it allows you to use your own domain name. However, if you don’t have one, FreeHostingNoAds provides multiple short sub-domains.
Also, an easy-to-use control panel is available to manage your hosting account, install apps, and check stats.
Key Features of FreeHostingNoAds:
- Free email hosting
- 1 GB web space
- 5 GB bandwidth
- 99.99% uptime
- Fast and reliable server
Pros of FreeHostingNoAds
- FTP and File Manager
- Instant activation
- No forced ads
Cons of FreeHostingNoAds
- Limited web space and bandwidth
Last but certainly not least, to make it on this list of best free hosting services is HostAwesome.
It provides a range of features to help users build and manage their websites. It uses LiteSpeed, Cloudlinux, and pure SSD, providing lightning-fast speed.
Besides assisting with hosting issues, the support team also helps with anything related to WordPress. Therefore, you can focus on building your content only.
Key Features of HostAwesome
- Integrates SSL certificates
- 100MB storage with 2000 page views per month
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Fully scalable
- Generates daily backups
Pros of HostAwesome
- Automatic WordPress installation
- Free migration of your site to HostAwesome
- Full access to cPanel
Cons of HostAwesome
- Displays ads for the free hosting plan
- No support for email hosting
- Displays ads
Some FAQs Regarding Free WordPress Hosting
Can I get WordPress hosting free forever?
Yes, some hosting service providers offer free WordPress hosting for a lifetime. However, these plans usually have limitations and may not be suitable for high-traffic websites.
Which is the best free WordPress hosting?
Some of the best free WordPress hostings are WordPress.com, 000webhost, InfinityFree, and CloudAccess. However, it also depends on your specific needs and requirement or your experience with the hosting service provider to determine the best hosting.
Is free WordPress hosting reliable?
To be honest, free WordPress hosting might not be as reliable as paid hosting services. Free hosting comes with limited resources, bandwidth, and support. Some might also place some ads on your site. As a result, it might affect your website performance. However, to get started, you can opt for free WordPress hosting and upgrade to premium services as your site grows.
Can I use free WordPress hosting for my business website?
Yes, you can use free WordPress hosting for the business website. But you should know your needs and compare them with the hosting service provider’s offerings. For small businesses like startups, free hosting can work well.
How do I choose the best free WordPress hosting provider?
When choosing the best free WordPress hosting provider, first of all, you should be aware of your website’s specific needs and requirements. Next, you can consider the factors like features, limitations, customer support, uptime, user reviews and rating, hidden fees, etc.
Wrapping It Up!
And that’s all about the best free WordPress hosting services. And yes, the premium WordPress hosting services might be a better option further down the road.
However, with these free WordPress hosting services, you can still create and set up your WordPress website effectively.
Especially if you’re low on a budget or just a beginner starting up, a free WordPress hosting service can be a great way to play around.
No doubt you might have now realized that free things are not always worthless! And in this case, it holds value much more than you can think of!
Finally, this is the end of this article. We hope you enjoyed reading it. And, if you did, don’t forget to share it on your social media.
For more such articles related to WordPress, visit our blog page.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the post may be affiliate links. So if you purchase anything using the link, we will earn affiliate commission.