Are you looking for the best SEO tools for small business? If yes, then you’ve landed in the right place.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the best strategies for small businesses to increase traffic and conversion. Also, best SEO practices help to rank higher in search engines. Consequently, this drives organic visitors to your website without having to pay anything.
Now you may be wondering how to optimize your website for SEO. This is where SEO tools come in handy. The SEO tools help you improve the quality of your content and build a technically sound website. This allows search engines to find and crawl your website.
Luckily, you can find many SEO tools in the market to optimize your website. Here, we’ve made a list of the best of the best SEO tools for small business.
So, let’s get started!
Why Do You Need to Use SEO Tools?
Before going through the list of the best SEO tools for small business, let’s discuss why you need SEO for your website.
Having access to the right SEO tools helps to boost your SEO strategy. You’ll also get in-depth insights into your website’s performance. Moreover, you can find out about your competitor’s SEO strategies.
Besides this, there are other important reasons why you need SEO tools.
- Generating Keywords: SEO tools help you get the new and existing keywords that your competitors are ranking. Also, you can add those keywords to your content to boost your website’s content for ranking.
- Check Competitor’s SEO Strategies: Most of the SEO tools helps you to dive inside your competitor’s SEO strategies. It allows you to check their traffic numbers, rankings, and where the backlinks are coming from.
- Tracking SEO Progress: You can easily track the progress of individual keyword rankings, domain authority, and the number of backlinks. You’ll also be able to generate reports and compare the progress with your competitors.
- High conversion Keywords: SEO tools helps to find the high conversion keywords through competitors’ analysis. They also generate variations of related keywords that you can use on your content.
- SEO Audits: The SEO tools also offer detailed SEO audits. Also, the reports provide ideas of what you need to fix on your website, from on-page SEO to load speed. This saves you time and the cost of doing it manually.
To get more detailed insights, check our complete guide article on what SEO is.
Now, let’s look at the best SEO tools for small business in 2022.
20 Best SEO Tools for Small Business 2022
Here, we’ve made the list of the best SEO tools for small business. We’ve also mentioned their key features, pricing, and thorough descriptions.
So, make sure you go through each list on the SEO tools for business and decide which is best for you!
Semrush is an SEO tool designed to boost your website’s reach. More than 10 million digital marketers use this platform. Also, they have received over 21 international awards as the best SEO software suite.
This SEO tool allows you to grow organic traffic and rank in search engines. In addition, the tool offers rich visual data in the form of charts and graphs. This feature makes the tool easy to use and learn seamlessly.
With Semrush Keyword Research, you can perform keyword research on local and global scales. Furthermore, you can run SEO audits of any website. In addition, this SEO tool has great reviews across multiple third-party review platforms.
- You can track broken links and pages using this tool.
- Semrush allows you to perform competitor analysis to rank your site rank higher.
- The Semrush Topic Research tool allows you to generate new content ideas.
- You can analyze competitors’ backlinks using the Backlink Analytics reports.
- In addition, you can export custom PDF reports using the drag-and-drop widgets.
You can use the Semrush tool for free, but it’s limited to only 10 searches per day.
However, the Semrush pricing plans come with three premium options with tons of features.
- Pro Plan: Costs $119.95 monthly. You can use the tool for Competitor Analysis, Keyword Research, Semrush Site Audit, and more.
- Guru Plan: Costs $229.95 monthly. You’ll get all the Pro features. In addition, you’ll get features such as GDS integration, Content Marketing Toolkit, and more.
- Business Plan: Costs $449.95 monthly. You’ll get all Guru features. In addition, you’ll get features such as PLA analytics, free migration, API access, and more.
Do you want to try using Semrush for free?
Semrush has a 7-day free trial option on its premium plan. So, if you want to try using it for your small business website, then here’s a guide on how to do so. Click the link below:
2. Rank Math
Rank Math is another one of the best SEO WordPress tools for small business websites to enhance your site’s traffic and reach. This tool offers awesome features which are easy to use and learn. Also, the tool offers tons of powerful automation options.
You can analyze each and every post on your website with the help of Rank Math. Furthermore, you can look into data like click-through rate, average position, impression, and more.
- The content AI tool suggests and helps you to write SEO-optimized content.
- Rank Math offers Google trends data of your focus keywords within their dashboard.
- Also, you can automatically add missing alt text, image descriptions, and image captions for image SEO.
- Easily import schema via HTML, URL, or JSON-LD.
- You can get the SEO reports directly in your inbox for ease of use.
This is a freemium WordPress plugin. The free version is available for download in the plugin repository of WordPress.org. Or, you can simply install the plugin on your dashboard with just a few clicks.
The premium version comes with three annual Rank Math pricing plans. They are given below:
- Pro Plan: Costs $129, and you can use the tool on unlimited personal websites, track 1000 keywords, and more.
- Business Plan: Costs $429, and you can use the tool on 200 client websites, track 20,000 keywords, and more.
- Business Plan: Costs $999, and you can use the tool on 750 client websites, track 75,000 keywords, and more.
Google Analytics is one of the most powerful SEO tools best for small business sites offered by Google. This tool provides insights into your website, which are crucial for search engine rankings. It works by collecting data on your website and apps.
Also, Google Analytics helps you to figure out patterns to interact more with visitors. This results in an increase in conversion rate, attracting more organic traffic, and more.
- It analyzes your data and predicts visitor behavior using machine learning models.
- You can track the real-time activity on your site with this tool.
- This tool seamlessly integrates with tools like Google Ads, Google Ad Manager, Google Search Console, and more.
- You can understand the behavior of your visitors on the basis of demographics.
- This tool allows you to create and export custom reports of your website’s performance.
Thinking about using Google Analytics as one of the preferred SEO tools for your small business site? Then, you may want to know about it in detail before using it. So, here’s our guide on what Google Analytics is and how to use it.
Google Search Console is another powerful tool offered by Google to manage your website. You can monitor and fix major issues on your website with the help of this tool.
You can use this tool to help your website index in Google. Also, this tool allows you to find and fix issues related to indexing and missing links. In addition, this tool notifies and troubleshoots AMP and mobile usability issues.
- You can use the Google Search Console to improve rankings via sitemaps or individual URLs of your website.
- These platforms send email alerts when it encounters major issues on the website.
- Able to examine and optimize the internal and external links on your website.
- In the performance tab, you can check the individual performance of your pages and keywords.
- Also, you can check the backlinks and anchor text used from the Links section of the Google Search Console.
Google Search Console is a free-to-use SEO tool offered by Google. You can use it without spending a dollar.
PageSpeed Insights is a dedicated tool offered by Google to boost your website speed. Also, this tool helps you optimize the website on all devices like desktops, mobile, and tablets.
With the help of this tool, you can resolve any issues regarding page speeds. PageSpeed Insights (PSI) provides lab and field data about your website. Lab data relates to the performance issues. At the same time, field data refers to true real-world user experience.
- Provides detailed reports on desktops and mobile performance of your website.
- This platform presents different metrics, so web developers and digital marketers can understand your website.
- Also, the PSI provides a score that represents the website’s simulated performance.
- In addition, the Opportunities and Diagnostics section suggests tips for improving your page speeds.
- Google PageSpeed Insights includes data from real-time user experience to improve page speed.
Google PageSpeed Insights is a 100% free-to-use tool provided by Google.
Google Business Profile, formerly known as Google My Business, is a tool by Google that connects customers and businesses. You can manage and optimize your business via Google Maps, open hours, business locations, photos, and more.
This tool lets you rank websites and businesses. You can showcase and promote your products. Also, you can add different attributes, call to action, and reviews to your business profile.
- This tool helps you to rank your business and website by appearing in Google Maps and local listings.
- You can interact with customers via the inbuilt messaging functions and set up appointments.
- Also, you can promote sales and offers to attract organic visitors and boost conversion.
- In addition, you’ll get detailed insights into visitors’ behaviors and how they interact with the published posts.
- Moreover, you can add public Q&A for a better user experience for visitors.
Google Business Profile is a fully free-to-use tool offered by Google.
Google Trends is another powerful tool offered by Google that heavily focuses on trending keywords. In short, you can generate content that helps you rank higher by researching trending keywords.
Furthermore, you can research the trending keywords based on locations. Also, you can compare different keywords to find the more in-demand keyword for your site.
- You can also check the interest over time of a keyword in a chart with the highest popularity to lowest popularity.
- Easily find which location your keyword is most popular during a specific time frame.
- It also displays the related topics for your keywords that the user searches.
- Also, search the keywords based on categories like art, entertainment, business, etc.
- Quickly compare multiple keyword searches.
Google Trends is a 100% free-to-use platform. You can access the platform via desktops and smartphone applications.
AnswerThePublic is an easy-to-use SEO tool that helps you create SEO-optimized content. You can simply enter one keyword, and it will display all the questions and phrases people are asking about the keyword.
Additionally, this tool provides keywords based on prepositions. For example, if you search chocolate, then you’ll get related keywords like “chocolate can contain soya, chocolate for diabetes,” etc.
- It helps to discover insights and hidden niches that boost organic search.
- Able to see the results in visualization or data form.
- You can categorize your result into topics like questions, comparisons, etc.
- This tool helps you to find long-tailed keywords and LSI keywords.
- You’ll also get the related keyword in alphabetical order.
This tool is free to use. However, it comes with the premium version with 3 pricing plans.
- Annual Plan: Costs $79 per month, billed yearly. Includes unlimited searches, up to 5 users, hide branches and suggestions, priority customer support, etc.
- Monthly Plan: Costs $99 per month. Includes unlimited searches, up to 3 users, compare data over time, 5 search listing alerts, etc.
- Expert Plan: Costs $199 per month. Includes unlimited searches, users, 20 search listing alerts, CSV export, and more.
9. Keyword Tool
Keyword Tool is one of the best keyword research and SEO tools for any business. This tool helps you find tons of long-tailed keywords related to any topic. Also, the keyword suggestions are based on a Google domain and language you choose.
Moreover, the advanced version of this tool provides two times more keywords on average. This tool breakdown the keyword performance on platforms like YouTube, Amazon, and more. Furthermore, these advanced insights can help digital marketers to boost conversion.
- You can get keyword ideas based on different search engine platforms.
- Able to see search volume that shows how many people search for the keywords per month.
- It also displays the average competition values for the keywords.
- This tool also provides the keywords’ average Cost Per Click (CPC) values.
- Plus, get the average trend value for the keyword in the market.
You can get this tool in both the free and premium versions. You can get the basic insights with the free version.
If you want to get detailed insights into your website, then you can go with the premium version. It’s available for $70 per month with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This plan includes search volume data, cost-per-click data, competitors’ keyword analysis, etc.
Surfer is one of the most powerful SEO tools for small businesses. This tool helps you search keywords, plan content, audit the site, optimize for SEO, etc.
Also, this tool offers an AI tool for content editing. You can add Content Editor in WordPress and Google Docs and get real-time feedback on your optimization level.
You’ll also have access to the content planner tool. This helps you to simplify your content strategy with dozens of related topics and keyword suggestions.
- Get more organic search traffic with the SEO Audit Tool.
- Able to find SEO errors with a list of actions based on what’s working right now for your target keywords.
- Helps to run the multi-keyword analysis and boosts your chance to drive more traffic.
- It comes with a free AI article outline generator.
- You can discover monthly domain traffic, word count, and a number of keywords for your top 10 competitors.
Surfer is a premium SEO tool. You can choose from the 3 pricing plans given below.
- Basic Plan: Costs $99 per month. This is perfect for small businesses, bloggers, and hobbyists.
- Pro Plan: Costs $199 per month, best suited for medium-sized organizations operating multiple websites.
- Business Plan: Costs $239 per month, best suited for large organizations managing 10 or more websites.
Moz is an SEO tool that helps you to increase traffic, ranking, and visibility in search results. This tool crawls your website on demand, uncovers technical SEO issues, and more.
Also, you can discover thousands of keywords to target, along with keyword difficulty, scores, and more.
Moreover, it offers an SEO competitive analysis tool to determine your top SERP competitors. Also, you can support your keyword gaps by understanding your competitor’s top keyword.
- Identify the top content that your competitors use to rank for important keywords.
- Find the best traffic-driving keywords for your site from over 500 million real keywords.
- You’ll get competitive SEO metrics like Domain Authority, top pages, ranking keywords, and more.
- Add Moz Bar extension to Google Chrome, and see top SEO metrics instantly for any website.
- You can also see how your location appears on local search engines and directories and how it can improve with Moz Local.
Moz comes with both free and premium versions. If you want to upgrade to its pro version, then it’s available in 4 pricing plans.
- Standard Plan: Costs $99 per month for 3 campaigns, 60 performance metrics, 5 on-demand crawls per month, and more.
- Medium Plan: Costs $179 per month for 10 campaigns, 200 performance metrics, 30 on-demand crawls per month, and so on.
- Large Plan: Costs $299 monthly and comes with 25 campaigns, 500 performance metrics, 60 on-demand crawls per month, etc.
- Premium Plan: Costs $599 monthly and offers 50 campaigns, 1000 performance metrics, 10 on-demand crawls per month, and more.
Ahrefs is one of the powerful all-in-one SEO tools for growing traffic and optimizing websites. Using this tool, you can get organic search reports. Also, the reports come with top organic keywords, their position, rank movement, and competing pages.
It provides the complete keyword research tool, Keyword Explorer. Also, it runs on a huge database of more than 7 billion keywords and is updated monthly. Therefore, you will never run out of keyword ideas.
- Easily audit and optimize your website.
- This tool helps to analyze your competitors.
- Also, find keywords your customers are searching for.
- It comes with content explorer features to learn to form your website’s top-performing content.
- With the rank tracker, you can easily track your ranking process.
This is a premium SEO tool that comes with 4 pricing plans:
- Lite Plan: Costs $99 per month. It includes an SEO dashboard, site explorer, keywords explorer, site audit, rank tracker, alerts, etc.
- Standard Plan: Costs $199 per month. It includes all features of the Lite Plan. Plus, 6 months of history, the position of history chart, SERP updates, and more.
- Advanced Plan: $399 per month. It includes all the features of the Standard Plan. Also, 2 years of history, site structure, HTML source, Google data studio, dashboard folders, and so on.
- Enterprise Plan: Costs $999 per month. It includes all features of the Advanced Plan. Also, unlimited history, access management, pay by invoice, directory listing, API, audit log, etc.
Ubersuggest is a keyword research tool that helps to get new keyword ideas for your website. This SEO tool relies on their database for keyword suggestions to their user base. Furthermore, they offer tons of features to help you to improve your content.
The Keyword Ideas function is the most useful feature offered by this tool. You can get information like monthly search volume, PPC (Pay-per-click), and CPC (Cost-per-click) of individual keywords. Furthermore, you can get related keywords for your focus keywords.
- This SEO tool can run full site audits and give recommendations to improve the site’s SEO.
- You can keep track of the organic monthly traffic of your website.
- Also, you can monitor the number of backlinks to your website.
- The tool provides alerts if your site has critical errors like duplicate content, multiple meta tags, broken links, and more.
- In addition, this tool provides info on SEO issues based on their potential impact on the website.
Ubersuggest offers 3 premium pricing plans. The plans are listed below as:
- Individual: This plan costs $12 monthly. You can do 150 reports per day, 100 Chrome extension search limit, 1,000 pages crawling per site audit, and more.
- Business: This plan costs $20 monthly. You can do 300 reports daily, 300 Chrome extension search limit, 5,000 pages crawling per site audit, and more.
- Enterprise/Agency: This plan costs $40 monthly. You can do 900 reports daily, 900 Chrome extension search limit, 10,000 pages crawling per site audit, and more.
Do you want to know other better SEO tools for your small business site? Then, check the best alternatives of Ubersuggest for better SEO and marketing here!
14. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is an all-in-one SEO tool that offers many tools for optimizing your website. For example, website auditing, keyword research tool, competition analysis, and more.
Besides, this tool provides real-time ranking positions of your website’s keywords across different search engines. Also, it tracks your ranking on a country, region, or city level, as much as you want.
- You can find on and off-page issues and suggestions to fix them.
- Able to discover, monitor, and control all of your backlinks.
- Easily create and schedule detailed SEO reports.
- You’ll be able to see when your backlink was first spotted and last checked.
- It helps to segment keywords for further distribution across your website.
You can easily get the premium SE Ranking with 3 pricing plans from its website. They are:
- Essential Plan: Costs $31.20 per month and come with 250 keywords, 450,000 keyword checks in total, and more.
- Pro Plan: Costs $71.20 per month and come with 1,000 keywords, 1.800,000 keyword checks in total, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $151.20 per month and come with 2,500 keywords, 4,500,000 keyword checks in total, and so on.
BrightLocal comes with a set of local SEO tools to optimize your website. This tool helps you to improve your brand’s reputation, generate traffic, and more.
Moreover, it offers many features, like a geo-location tracker. This gives you a bird’s eye view of where you rank when local customers search. Also, you can drive customer engagement with stunning, easy-to-understand visual reports.
- You’ll know exactly where your local business ranks online.
- Easily get the data you need to prioritize the keywords.
- Able to check the competitors ranking performance.
- SERP Screenshots feature helps to auto-take snaps and save every SERP.
- It helps to sort keywords by the search volume.
BrightLocal is a premium tool but offers a 14-day free trial. You will also get 2 months free with annual billing on all the pricing plans.
- Single Business Plan: Costs $29 per month, ideal for small businesses and marketing agencies managing up to 3 locations.
- Multi Business Plan: Costs $49 per month, ideal for mid-sized businesses and growing agencies managing up to 6 locations.
- SEO Pro Plan: Costs $79 per month, ideal for businesses and marketing agencies managing up to 100 locations.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is an industry-leading website crawler for Windows, macOS, and Linux. This tool is trusted by thousands of SEOs and agencies worldwide for technical SEO audits.
Also, this tool helps you to improve onsite SEO by extracting data and auditing common SEO issues. It also allows you to analyze the result in real time. Plus, it gathers key onsite data to allow SEOs to make informed decisions.
- This tool helps to find broken links and server errors.
- Exports the errors and source URLs to fix or send them to a developer.
- Also, it analyzes page titles and meta descriptions during the crawl.
- Finds partially duplicated elements like page titles, descriptions, headings, etc.
- Quickly creates XML Sitemaps and image XML sitemaps with advanced configuration.
This tool is available in both the free and premium versions. In the free version, you will get a 500 URL crawl limit.
Whereas the paid version it offers an unlimited crawl limit. However, the paid version costs $209 per year.
17. SEO Quake
SEO Quake is a powerful SEO toolbox for your browser. It’s a Google Chrome extension that offers free tools for checking the metrics of a website. This tool provides you with organic research data in a single click.
Moreover, it comes with tons of powerful features. For example, SEO Dashboard is an informative lightbox with a brief SEO overview. This includes all the details about the page, domain, and backlinks.
- You can conduct an SEO audit in a flash.
- It helps you to examine internal and external links.
- Easily compare domains and URLs in real time.
- Able to export results into a .csv file or print it out.
- Get detailed and structured reports on all keywords found on the page.
SEO Quake is a completely free tool for your browser.
SpyFu is an SEO keyword tool that gives you more competitors’ data. It helps to track your competitor and download their most profitable PPC and SEP keywords.
Also, every listed keyword helps to get traffic from organic results. You can export the full list of keywords that a domain ranks for. Also, it filters the listed keywords to focus on related keywords.
- You can compare SEO rank changes from any time and any website.
- It provides the start and end ranks of every keyword on your website.
- Able to find links that already help other sites rank.
- It helps to target the common links that your competitors rank.
- Allows you to see your competitors’ top content with the most click-generating.
SpyFu is available in both free and premium versions. However, features on the free version are limited.
So, you can get the premium version, which comes in 2 pricing plans. They are:
- Basic Plan: Costs $39 per month that comes with 10k row search results, 100 domain overview PDFs, 6 months of historical data, and more.
- Professional Plan: Costs $79 per month with unlimited search results and data expert, 10+ years of historical data, and so on.
WooRank is also a popular SEO tool that helps you to increase website visibility and reach your customers online. You can see how your customers behave on your website’s landing page. Along with that, it also provides you with in-depth insights into your customer’s level of engagement on your website.
Moreover, this tool comes with a set of digital marketing tools. Using this, you can analyze your SEO, identify keyword opportunities and discover technical issues. You can also track and optimize SEO performance, content marketing, and social media presence.
- Get an instant overview of how well your website scores based on SEO practices.
- You can increase your organic traffic with reliable data from website crawls.
- Organize your data by grouping and filtering your result.
- Able to schedule automated web crawls to diagnose issues.
- You can also download site crawl results.
WooRank offers a 14-day free trial before your purchase its premium version. The premium version is available in 3 pricing plans. They are:
- Pro Plan: Costs $79.99 per month and $53.25 billed annually. It includes 1 project to optimize your website, track 50 keywords, etc.
- Premium Plan: Costs $199.99 per month and $133.25 billed annually. It offers to track 250 keywords, optimize up to 5 websites, and more.
- Enterprise Plan: It’s a custom price. You can contact the sales team for a price per your needs.
Mangools is an SEO tool that helps you enhance your website rank. This is a simple-to-use SEO tool and is lightweight. The tool is popular among freelancers and small and medium businesses.
This SEO tool offers a 5-in-1 solution for users. The 5 tools are KWFinder, SERPChecker, SERPWatcher, LinkMiner, and SiteProfiler. In addition, these tools provide detailed insights and suggestions to boost your SEO.
- The KWFinder tool lets you find the best keywords any URL is ranking for.
- With LinkMiner, you can perform a backlink analysis of any website in a couple of minutes.
- You can measure the impact of answer boxes, carousels, and rich snippets on the website’s Click Through Rate.
- Also, you can get a detailed report on your website’s traffic based on mobile and desktop devices through SERPWatcher.
- In addition, you can check your Google ranking with a single click from the dashboard.
Mangools is a premium SEO tool. There are 3 annual pricing plans that you can choose from. They are:
- Mangools Basic Plan: Costs $29.90 monthly. You can have features like 100 keyword lookups in 24 hours, 200 keyword suggestions per search, 100 SERP lookups daily, etc.
- Mangools Premium Plan: Costs $39.90 monthly. You can have features like 500 keyword lookups in 24 hours, unlimited keyword suggestions per search, 500 SERP lookups daily, etc.
- Mangools Agency Plan: Costs $79.90 monthly. You can have features like 1200 keyword lookups in 24 hours, unlimited competitor keywords,1200 SERP lookups in a day, etc.
If you’re a beginner, then it’s a suggestion to read our full guide on how to create a website from scratch.
That’s all! These are some list of the best SEO tools for small business websites. We hope it was fruitful for you.
Also, make sure to use the few SEO tools that meet your business requirements. Because using many tools at once can slow your website performance. Or you can also deactivate tools that you’re not using frequently. If we have to recommend it, then we’ll go with Semrush because of its composition of several tools.
If you have any further queries about the best SEO tools for small business websites, then please leave a comment below. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Some of the links on this article/page are affiliate links. If you click on such an affiliate link and purchase the product, we’ll earn a specific percent commission from the seller. But it won’t at all affect the price you’ll pay.