If aesthetics matter anywhere, it’s in the fitness industry. As such, you’ll need to make sure your website looks just as good as your in-person physique. The good news is that there are lots of fitness site and personal trainer website builder platforms that can help you go online with confidence.
👉 For this post, we’re going to dive into some of the best fitness site and personal trainer website builder platforms available. 🏋️ First, though, let’s talk about what a website builder should give you, and what your fitness website needs to succeed.
📚 Table of contents:
What a good website builder should offer you
There are a few aspects that you’ll need to have in place with regards to a good website builder platform:
- It will need to offer you everything you need to manage your site, including blog posting, design, search engine optimization (SEO), and more.
- Speaking of design, you’ll want to know that you can build out your vision using the builder’s editing capabilities.
- On the front end, there should be a good choice of templates to choose from. This can kick-start your design, and let you create something professional without much work.
- Event management and booking functionality are important, too, especially for gyms and personal trainers.
Your budget will also matter, because you won’t be able to opt for a platform that costs too much. However, we’d suggest that you judge a website builder on its technical merits, and look to invest if you like one of the options.
What a fitness website needs to showcase to succeed
What your particular website will need depends on your exact niche. However, there are a few common elements of every fitness site:
- A scheduling calendar of events or sessions, maybe even including an online booking form.
- Bold design, using large text and motivating images.
- A straightforward way to contact the owner of the site (or team.)
- Links to other channels, such as social media. This way, potential clients can see how you work day-to-day.
This won’t be everything you should include, but will become the core of your site’s design. From there, you can balance these elements out to create something unique. All you’ll need next is the ideal website builder platform for your needs.
Four best fitness site and personal trainer websites builder platforms
Over the rest of this article, we’re going to showcase four different fitness and personal trainer website builder platforms. Here’s a quick table to summarize the inclusions:
|Those who want a professional website fast, that comes with advanced marketing options.
|$55–60 per month approx.
|Non-technical users who need to create a website fast.
|$16–49 per month
|Users who want to take time to build their site.
|$2.69–3.59 per month
|In-person transactions and point of sale (PoS.)
|$5–25 per month
Let’s take a look at a fitness-specific builder first, then some general-purpose ones. To finish, we’ll look at your best option for in-person payments – ideal for personal trainers.
First up is FitPro – a fitness-focused website builder that also offers built-in marketing options.
There are lots of themes and templates to choose from here, which makes it simple to create a relevant and impressive design. However, that’s not all you get with FitPro:
- The setup process is fast, and includes a logo builder, and a stepped wizard to help you fill in all the relevant information for your site.
- You don’t have masses of editing and design options. While this might seem restricting, it can be a blessing. This way, you can spin up your site, and get to work rather than play at being a developer.
FitPro is a great way to create a fitness site for almost any purpose, with ease and haste. You’ll look to spend £47 per month, which works out at around $55–60. This is expensive, but you do have specific functionality for a fitness website, which is worth the cost in our opinion.
Wix is a multipurpose website builder that deserves a spot on almost any similar list. It comes with a top set of features and functionality, and great third-party integrations through its App Market.
It’s one we talk about elsewhere on the blog, and our review has lots of glowing aspects to note:
- Wix is straightforward to use, regardless of the specific functionality you employ.
- There are plenty of templates to help you create a professional site that includes fitness templates. You can browse all the fitness-related templates here.
- You have a dedicated set of features and functionality, packaged as Wix Fit. It’s a valuable and thoughtful offering that will give you calendar and client management, Video on Demand (VoD) capabilities, membership options, and much more.
As for pricing, Wix provides a lot of different tiers based on your exact needs. There are nine different plans, including a free tier. However, expect to pay between $16–49 per month. Higher tiers offer more resources, so this will mean you likely spend as much as FitPro, for example.
We mention Zyro in our roundup of Wix alternatives, and it comes from Hostinger – a perennial cheap hosting company. As such, you’ll have good performance and a decent set of tools to create your site.
It provides lots of scope not only as a fitness site and personal trainer website builder platform, but for a number of other niches too. Here’s what it offers:
- Fitness-specific site templates that you’ll tweak with a fantastic, visual, drag-and-drop editor. It’s a complete ‘no-code’ solution for building your site.
- You get live chat integration with Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. These could serve as your ‘reception desk’ at a small business.
- You’ll have a selection of advanced and powerful marketing tools to use. You also get integration with Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, and Google Tag Manager.
Zyro has the cheapest pricing on our list, as you’d expect. It also offers a refreshing two plans. This means you won’t have much deliberation with regards to which one you choose.
The Website plan is $2.69 per month, but doesn’t provide any eCommerce functionality. For this, you’ll want to opt for the Business plan at $3.59 per month.
Our final fitness site and personal trainer website builder is Weebly, which offers one of the easiest ways to get started with your own website.
- It comes with a full-featured drag-and-drop visual editor, and a selection of serviceable templates. However, these templates aren’t as comprehensive as other platforms.
- If you want to sell either in person or on your site, Weebly has this flexibility built into the platform. We’ll discuss this more in a second.
- You have a solid set of options to help promote your site, such as SEO functionality. You can even create newsletter templates within the editor.
The one aspect we like the most is its point of sale (PoS) functionality. This makes Weebly a fantastic option for those who need an online presence, but deal with queries from other channels. You’ll be able to take payments through your site, or in person using Weebly’s built-in functionality courtesy of Square.
Weebly’s pricing ranges between $5–25 per month. As with Wix, we’d suggest a higher tier that offers more functionality, especially if you want to manage sales in person.
Create your personal trainer website today 🚀
Much like your choice of personal trainer or gym, your website has to have pleasing aesthetics in order to capture attention. This post looks at a number of fitness site and personal trainer website builders, and some have a specific focus on the industry.
Which fitness site and personal trainer website builder platform interests you? Let us know in the comments section below!