Are you looking for the best AnswerThePublic alternatives? Or, do you wish to carry out keyword research on other tools than AnswerThePublic? If yes, then you’ve precisely landed on the right page!
AnswerThePublic is a free keyword research tool that allows you to find long-tail keywords based on your seed keywords. It follows a visual representation to display the keyword results either in questions, prepositions, or comparison format.
However, it’s always a good idea to check out the different AnswerThePublic alternatives before settling on this specific research tool. Therefore, we’ve prepared a list of some of the most well-known AnswerThePublic alternatives in this article.
So, let’s get started!
What is AnswerThePublic? – Overview
AnswerThePublic is a free keyword research tool that helps you find long-tail keywords related to a topic. Unlike other tools, it generates keyword results either in questions, prepositions, or comparison format.
For example, you entered “WordPress themes” as a keyword. Then it’ll show you all possible outcomes like “what WordPress themes”, “WordPress themes for blogs”, “WordPress themes vs plugins”, etc.
You can find that your results are presented in a nice visual format that you can also view in a list or download a .csv file of results.
The best part about this tool is that it’s quite beginner-friendly. Since, unlike other tools, you don’t even need to create an account to use it. You can get yourself easily started just by typing in your keyword and taking a look at what comes up.
The keyword results generated by AnswerThePublic are based on Google and Bing autocomplete suggestions features. Besides, you can click on any keyword results and find the search in Google opening up in a new tab.
However, the free version of AnswerThePublic is great for bloggers. Yet, for performing advanced keyword searches regularly, you’ll need to purchase their pro plan.
- You can carry out unlimited daily keyword searches to get the best content ideas.
- It provides you with instant and raw search insights, directly from the mind of your customers.
- In addition, it offers to autocomplete data from search engines like Google and Bing for greater content ideas.
- You can compare the search behavior changes of your keyword research easily.
- AnswerThePublic allows you to hide unwanted suggestions or results that aren’t necessary for your research.
- Also, allows you to export your results to CSV for easily analyzing the data with filters.
AnswerThePublic Pricing Plans
AnswerThePublic is a free-to-use keyword research tool. This means you can conduct unlimited keyword research for any topic, brand, or product.
However, if you’re looking for more features, then you can upgrade to one of its Pro plans. They are –
- Monthly – $99/mo, includes unlimited searches, up to 3 users, 5 search listening alerts, and more.
- Annual – $79/mo, or $948 billed yearly, all Monthly plan features, up to 5 users, etc.
- Expert – $199/mo, every Annual plan feature, 20 search listening alerts, and more.
Why Do You Need AnswerThePublic Alternatives?
If we just look at the AnswerThePublic customer rating from G2 Reviews, then it has a 4.5 out of 5-star rating, which is pretty amazing.
Also, looking at the customer reviews, we found that many of the users found this tool quite useful. They’ve mentioned that its visual representation of the result really made them easier to understand the content much better.
However, with all these features and praise, some users were criticizing it. Like not having other keyword metrics such as monthly searches, CPC, competition, etc.
Hence, here are some of the reasons that you might need to look for an AnswerThePublic alternative:
- With its free version, you’re limited to up to 3 daily searches per day.
- Costlier pricing plans.
- It lacks other keyword metrics such as competition, keyword difficulty, search volume, etc.
Now let’s look at the AnswerThePublic alternatives and see how better they’re against AnswerThePublic.
Summary of the Best AnswerThePublic Alternatives & Competitors
|Check out any keyword ad history.
Can look into your top competitors’ SEO metrics.
Check search volume at global and regional levels.
|Free to use with a Semrush account.
Pricing starts at $119.95/month.
|Add your keywords to your advertising plan.
Organize the keywords into different categories related to your brand.
Pricing starts at $119.95/month.
|Track your links and find high-quality links for your site.
Find a table of the top 100 Google results for that keyword.
Helps you track the daily changes in your rankings
|Free once you create a free account.
Pricing starts at $12/month.
|Ahrefs Keyword Explorer
|Can save and segment keywords into lists for future reference.
Find results from over 171 countries and 10 different search engines.
|Pricing starts at $99/month.
|Performs competitive keyword analysis.
Helps you find long-tail keywords with high relevance.
|Free SEO tools.
Plus, the Moz Pro price starts at $99/month.
7 Best AnswerThePublic Alternatives and Competitors
Here, we’re mentioning the 7 AnswerThePublic alternatives that give better keyword research. So, let’s go through each of them and see if any of them suit your needs.
Semrush is a complete SEO tool suite that can count as one of the best AnswerThePublic alternatives. It lets you carry out keyword research and improve your SEO rankings.
With its Keyword Research tool, you can enter a keyword and get the complete information you need to know. Through this, you can find out how many people search for the keyword, whether it’s growing in popularity, and more.
Likewise, it provides you with a list of other similar keywords that you might want to use. Nevertheless, it even displays a list of organic search results, so that you can find out whether your competitors rank for that keyword or not.
In fact, you can type in your competitor’s website URL in the Domain Overview and see their organic search terms, keyword data, and other organic traffic metrics.
Not only that, but it also performs other tasks like site audits, improving social media presence, optimizing ad campaigns, and more. Ultimately, Semrush is one of the best keyword tools trusted by most in the industry.
Semrush Key Features & Advantages over AnswerThePublic
- Helps you evaluate your target terms with keyword difficulty and intent analysis.
- You can check out any keyword’s ad history to find the ads that were most often at the top of the SERP.
- In addition, it lets you check search volume at global and regional levels.
- Allows you to explore your target audience’s questions about your brand.
- Also, for any keyword, you can look into your top competitors’ SEO metrics.
- No white-label reports.
- Can be a bit overwhelming for beginners.
You can get started with Semrush instantly, by creating a free account and using it for free. However, this free plan comes with some limitations i.e. you can only add a single project and view 10 results for domain and keyword analytics.
- Pro – $119.95/mo billed monthly, or $99.95/mo billed annually, allows you to add up to 5 projects, 500 keywords to track, and more.
- Guru – $229.95/mo billed monthly, or $191.62/mo billed annually, able to create 15 projects, 1500 keywords to track, historic data, and more.
- Business – $449.95/mo billed monthly, or $374.95/mo billed annually, it can add 40 projects, 5000 keywords to track, API access, etc.
Semrush Customer Support
Semrush offers excellent customer support options. You can connect yourself with their support team via chat or phone call.
Likewise, if you’re new, then you can request a personal demo on how Semrush works. Additionally, for any custom solution regarding your business needs, you can contact the sales team. You can find all the required information on their Semrush Contact page.
Nevertheless, Semrush also comes with a comprehensive knowledge base that includes guides under several categories. Besides, you can also join their Semrush Academy campaign to get free online digital marketing courses and exams.
Semrush Customer Reviews and Ratings
Semrush is a widely popular all-in-one SEO tool that is trusted by most in the industry. No doubt, it’s one of the best keyword tools in the digital marketing business.
Although its free plan can be a great starting point for a beginner, it allows you to take 10 queries a day. Hence, its paid version is quite full of features that you need to explore
Besides, Semrush gives you a 7-days free trial, so go and try it on your own! Having said that, we have also been using this tool for our SEO and marketing strategies including site audits, keyword research, and more.
Do you want to use Semrush?
To learn how to use Semrush, check out our complete guide on using it. This tutorial will teach you how to use Semrush with a free trial.
2. Keyword Tool
Keyword Tool is another best AnswerThePublic alternative that helps you to understand what people are searching for online. It shows you different keywords and hashtags that are searched on various search engines across different countries.
Likewise, it uses Google Autocomplete to generate hundreds of relevant long-tail keywords for any topic. And the search terms suggested by Google Autocomplete are selected based on many different factors.
For instance, how often users were searching for a particular search term in the past.
In addition, it helps you employ Google Suggest for keyword research. In this way, it’ll extract Google keyword suggestions and present them to you in an easy-to-understand interface.
Keyword Tool Key Features & Advantages over AnswerThePublic
- You can choose a specific Google domain out of 192 supported domains and one out of 83 languages to produce keyword suggestions
- The keyword suggestions will be produced based on a Google domain and language that you choose.
- The free version of Keyword Tool generates up to 750+ long-tail keyword suggestions for every search term.
- Similarly, its pro version provides on average two times more keywords in comparison to the free version and offers a handful of other useful features.
Keyword Tool Cons
- Its premium version does not offer free trials.
- Limited customer support.
Keyword Tool comes in both free and premium versions. Its free version can generate up to 750+ keywords from Google autocomplete in seconds.
Likewise, KeywordTool Pro comes with the following pricing plans:
- Basic – $89/mo billed monthly, or $69/mo billed annually, 7000 keywords per day, 1 user account.
- Plus – $99/mo billed monthly, or $79/mo billed annually, 35,000 keywords per day, 5 user accounts, and more.
- Business – $199/mo billed monthly, or $159/mo billed annually, 70,000 keywords per day, 10 user accounts, and 50 API requests per day.
Keyword Tool Customer Support
As we talk about the support option in Keyword Tool then it’s quite confusing. As they haven’t mentioned clearly what kind of support they are providing to their users.
However, you can find oddly distributed FAQs and reviews across multiple pages of the website. In fact, you can report your issues and queries via email which they’ve guaranteed to reply to ASAP.
So, yeah besides this, you might have to figure out on your own how to use and solve issues on your own.
Keyword Tool Customer Reviews and Ratings
In a nutshell, Keyword Tool is a one-stop solution for keyword research. It guarantees to give you keyword suggestions directly from Google Autocomplete.
Additionally, it also gives you a separate keyword tool to find keywords for different search engines like Google, Bing, Amazon, and YouTube. Hence, it undoubtedly deserves to be on this list as one of the AnswerThePublic alternatives.
Did you know that Google also offers a free keyword research tool for choosing the right keyword? If not, then Google Keyword Planner is the one.
This tool focused on advertisers who want to run their ads on Google. In doing so, it provided its user with a keyword research tool that provides keyword ideas from Google itself.
However, to use this tool, you need to have a Google Ads account. If not, then you can simply create one and enter your payment details. Now, you can use it for free and don’t need to run an active campaign or pay for anything.
Once you connect your Google Keyword Planner with your account, you can type in any keyword and view data for how many monthly searches it has. Moreover, it also lists out the list of related keyword ideas that you can download too.
Google Keyword Planner Key Features & Advantages over AnswerThePublic
- Help you find the keywords that are most relevant for your business.
- Suggests bid estimates for each keyword, so you can determine your advertising budget.
- You can add your keywords to your advertising plan and save them for future reference or share them with your business team.
- Allows you to organize the keywords into different categories related to your brand.
- Also, it displays search volume, CPC (Cost Per Click), and competition score to choose the right keywords.
Google Keyword You Planner Cons
- Not so good for advanced search trends.
- Limited customer support options.
Google Keyword Planner is a completely free keyword research tool backed by Google itself. The best part is that anyone can easily use it free of cost.
Google Keyword Planner Customer Support
Just like any other Google product, Google Keyword Planner is also backed by Google. As a result, you can find a huge community of developers, enterprises, and customers working together to help solve any issues.
Having said that, Google Ads also comes with its Keyword Planner Help Center where you can easily check the comprehensive documentation on using this tool.
Google Keyword Planner is a perfect keyword research tool to boost your traffic and sales by searching for the right keywords.
Further, you can find every keyword result shown in key metrics like search volume, CPC, and competition score. Not to forget, it’s completely free to use and comes with a beginner-friendly interface.
Having said that, it deserves and is one of the best AnswerThePublic alternatives.
Google Trends is another free keyword research tool from Google that helps you improve the SEO of your content. This allows you to show the relative search popularity of keywords over a period.
In simpler terms, this tool lets you see how that specific keyword is trending in various regions around the world. Among many beginners, business owners, and marketing teams, it’s their preferred tool to scale up their sales.
For instance, if you’re trying to sell “movie subscriptions” and would like to understand what’s the best time for the sale. Then, you can use Google Trends and see the popularity spike of that product over 5 years.
Following that, based on that report, you can make your strategy on when and how you should sell subscriptions to your potential customers.
Likewise, you can use it to compare two or more search queries at the same time. Also, it provides you with search options to see the data from Google Image, News Search, Google Shopping, and YouTube.
Google Trends Key Features & Advantages over AnswerThePublic
- Allows you to compare two or more search queries at the same time.
- It provides you with search options to see the data from Google Image, News Search, Google Shopping, and YouTube.
- Google Trends lets you plan your content calendar based on the queries.
- You can see keyword popularity in different geographical regions.
- Also, it provides you with a popularity map with real-time data from Google.
Google Trends Cons
- Although it’s easy to use, it somehow lacks various SEO metrics for your search.
Google Trends is an absolutely free keyword research tool from Google.
Google Trends Customer Support
Google Trends is a part of Google, it’s backed up by a huge community of developers, and users. As a result, you’ll find yourself among them we’re keen to help you in case of any trouble and issues.
Indeed, Google Trends doesn’t have dedicated customer support, yet you can Google yourself in case of any queries.
Google Trends Customer Reviews and Ratings
Google Trends deserves to be one of the best AnswerThePublic alternatives. It’s a completely free Google tool that is not only easy to use but also quite popular among other competitors.
However, it still lacks some advanced research tools that AnswerThePublic and other competitors may have. We can just recommend you try it yourself first and decide how good it is for your business.
Similar to Semrush, Ahrefs is the preferred and best AnswerThePublic alternative that offers all-in-one SEO solutions. It has got many similar features and tools to Semrush.
Using Ahrefs Keyword Explorer you can generate thousands of keyword ideas. All you need to do is simply type a keyword into the search box and it’ll show you a whole list of keyword suggestions.
Furthermore, it allows you to analyze the ranking difficulty and calculate the traffic potential for each keyword. Again using Ahrefs, you can view which keywords your competitors are ranking for.
Similarly, the best part about this tool is that it allows you to find results from over 171 countries and 10 different search engines. Besides, it gives you a quick look at the SEO metrics and ranking history of the top-ranking pages.
In addition, it offers advanced SEO metrics that no other tool will show you. Such as return rate, click per search, percentage of clicks, and more.
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer Key Features & Advantages over AnswerThePublic
- Helps you determine how hard it would be to rank in the top 10 search results for a given keyword.
- Its KD score calculates how hard it will be to rank for your keyword based on the current top-ranking pages.
- Besides, it allows you to save and segment keywords into lists for future reference.
- The SERP Overview report in Keywords Explorer lets you see the top-ranking results, along with all their SEO metrics.
- Also, provides advanced metrics to determine how hard it would be to rank in the top 10 search results for a given keyword.
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer Cons
- Doesn’t offer any social media marketing tools.
- Limited customer support.
Ahrefs is a premium SEO tool that comes with the following plans.
- Lite – $99/mo, or $83/year, comes with SEO dashboard, keyword explorer, site audit, etc.
- Standard – $199/mo or $166/year, all Lite features, 6 months of history, and more.
- Advanced – $399/mo, or $333/year, all Standard features, 2 years of history, site audit, etc.
- Enterprise – $999/mo, or $833/year, all Advanced features, unlimited history, pay by invoice, and more.
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer Customer Support
As we talk about the customer support from Ahrefs then it’s quite limited. You can get support from the Ahrefs team via chat. However, they haven’t specified whether a phone call option is available or not.
Further, for more detailed documentation and tutorials, you can check out their Ahrefs Help Center. There you can find everything from suggestions to already-resolved queries from the team. Indeed, it also has an Ahrefs Academy that includes video tutorials to guide you even more.
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer Customer Reviews and Ratings
Ahrefs is an amazing SEO toolkit widely used by SEO experts and marketers across the globe.
Moreover, it has an incredibly user-friendly UI, but many beginners may find it costlier. And if any of its premium plans suit your budget then you’d go with this tool.
Hence, it undoubtedly deserves to be on this list as one of the best AnswerThePublic alternatives.
Another all-in-one SEO platform that comes under our top AnswerThePublic alternatives list is Moz. Some of its accomplished SEO solutions include site audits, rank tracking, backlink analysis, and keyword research.
Among those solutions, it offers a free SEO tool called Keyword Explorer. It provides a complete set of keyword research tools for in-depth keyword and SERP analysis.
However, to access Keyword Explorer and other free SEO tools, you’ll have to create a Moz account. Once you’ve created an account, you can enter a URL or keyword that you want to discover. Following that, you’ll get a comprehensive keyword analysis, suggestions, and more.
Likewise, it helps you perform competitive keyword analysis. As a result, you can see what keywords your site ranks for and discover your competitors’ most important keywords.
In addition, it allows you to easily export keyword research suggestions, analyses, and lists into metrics-rich, well-formatted CSVs. Also, you can generate and save keyword lists in one place and use it later as a keyword planner.
Moz Key Features & Advantages over AnswerThePublic
- Help you effectively predict how much search volume a keyword will receive with more than 95% accuracy.
- Provides comprehensive scoring that helps you prioritize keywords by topic and use them as a keyword planner.
- You can check the Keyword Difficulty score to determine how easy (or hard) it is to rank on each SERP.
- Moz helps you find long-tail keywords with high relevance, broadly related topics, or keywords in the form of questions.
- Also, you can understand why pages rank where they do with a SERP analysis breakdown.
- Although its Keyword Explorer is a free SEO tool yet other tools are quite costlier.
- Doesn’t offer many advanced filtering options for keyword research.
- No-so user-friendly UI.
Moz offers a few free SEO tools that include Link Explorer, Keyword Explorer, Domain Analysis, etc.
However, if you’re looking for an advanced all-in-one SEO suite then it comes with a Moz Pro plan. In this pro version, you’ll get the following plans:
- Standard – $99/mo billed monthly, or $79/mo billed annually, 3 campaigns, 300 keyword rankings, etc.
- Medium – $179/mo billed monthly, or $143/mo billed annually, 10 campaigns, 1500 keyword rankings, and more.
- Large – $299/mo billed monthly, or $239/mo billed annually, 25 campaigns, 3000 keyword rankings, etc.
- Premium – $599/mo billed monthly, or $479/mo billed annually, 50 campaigns, 4500 keyword rankings, etc.
Moz Customer Support
Moz hasn’t specified clearly how they are willing to provide customer services to their customers. They haven’t mentioned anything about a support ticket, chat, phone call, etc.
Although these things seem to be missing, Moz provides quite a variety of support in the form of written documentation, tutorials, videos, and Q&A. You can check out its Moz Help Hub which contains comprehensive guides on most of its tools and features.
Moz Customer Reviews and Ratings
To conclude, Moz is an awesome SEO tool for keyword research that provides you with an in-depth keyword and SERP analysis. Hence, it’s one of the deserving AnswerThePublic alternatives.
Not to forget, Moz offers a few free SEO tools that everyone can use without paying any price. The Keyword Explorer is one such free SEO tool.
However, for a more comprehensive SEO tool, you can purchase its premium version. Yet its premium version may not be user-friendly nor feasible in terms of pricing too for many beginners.
The next one on the list of the best AnswerThePublic alternatives is Ubersuggest. It’s one of the best SEO and content marketing tools from Neil Patel.
Notably, it’s a free SEO keyword tool that offers search volume data, keyword suggestions, keyword difficulty, and more. Hence, it gives you real-time data about your target keywords and generates billions of keyword ideas for your content.
To get started with it, all you need to do is enter a keyword, and it’ll show you several keyword suggestions. Alongside the suggestion, it’ll also display the search volume, SEO difficulty, seasonal trends, and more of every keyword.
Indeed, you can find a table of the top 100 Google results for that keyword with estimated visits, the number of backlinks, a domain score, and more.
Similarly, on signing into Ubersuggest with your Google account, you can get more keyword suggestions, daily rank tracking, and more. Besides, it has got a Chrome extension that can help you improve your workflow.
Ubersuggest Key Features & Advantages over AnswerThePublic
- Provides domain insights into the marketing strategy of your competitors.
- Allows you to track your links and find opportunities to get high-quality links for your site.
- You can get a “top SEO pages” report to see which pages of your competitors are ranking high for the popular keywords.
- It can check any SEO issues on your website and then provide detailed instructions on how to fix them.
- Helps you track the daily changes in your rankings; even on desktop and mobile devices from 20+ locations.
- Offers only basic backlink research tools.
- No white labeling report for agencies.
- Doesn’t provide social media tracking and brand monitoring functions.
As mentioned above, you can use Ubersuggest for free once you create a free account. With that free account, it’ll allow you to add a project, track rankings of up to 25 keywords, and track 2 domains. Besides, you can only do 3 daily searches with that account.
Hence, let’s see the pricing plans of Ubersuggest:
- Individual – $12/mo or $120 for lifetime use, manages 1-3 sites, etc.
- Business – $20/mo or $200 for a one-time payment, manages 4-7 sites, and more.
- Enterprise/Agency – $40/mo or $400 for lifetime use, manages 8+ sites, etc.
The best part is that before you sign up for a premium plan, you can use the tool with the 7-day free trial. Plus, it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
Ubersuggest Customer Support
Ubersuggest is an easy-to-use tool and even beginners can use this tool on their own. However, if we look into its customer support then it doesn’t have specific yet dedicated support just for Ubersuggest.
As it’s a popular product from Neil Patel, it is going to provide comprehensive support for your whole website. You can check their website and find various tools and consulting services that you shouldn’t miss out on.
Ubersuggest Customer Reviews and Ratings
In a nutshell, Ubersuggest is an excellent keyword tool that comes with extremely feasible pricing and features. The best part is that you can start using this tool for free just by creating a free account.
Although many beginners may prefer this tool, it still lacks some advanced SEO tools such as Keyword Gap. Having said that, it’s still one of the suitable AnswerThePublic alternatives.
You might also want to check out our comprehensive article on the best Ubersuggest alternatives to find out better options for SEO and the marketing of your website.
And that’s a wrap! So, in this article, we’ve covered the 7 best AnswerThePublic alternatives & competitors for 2022. We hope you liked it!
If you’re still confused about which one to pick, then we can help you. Semrush is the ideal option as we are using this tool for keyword research. It’s a comprehensive all-in-one SEO tool to carry out keyword research.
Please feel free to comment below if you have any further queries about the best AnswerThePublic alternatives. We’ll do our best to respond as soon as we can.
Also, let us know which AnswerThePublic alternative you are going to choose from the list. You can share your top favorite pick in the comments section below.
Some of the links on this article/page are affiliate links. If you click on such an affiliate link and purchase the product, we’ll earn a specific percent commission from the seller. But it won’t at all affect the price you’ll pay.