WordPress RSS feed plugins are essential to display content from other sources on your website. From blog articles to social media posts to podcasts, there are plugins you can use to pull any type of content from other sites into yours.
But how can you find the right tool 🛠️ when dozens of RSS feed plugins are available for you to download in WordPress?
In this post, we’ll review the seven best WordPress RSS feed plugins for 2023 to help you decide when and how to choose a suitable one for your site.
Discover each plugin’s key features, functionality and pricing with our comprehensive and easy-to-follow guide.
Let’s get started! 🏃
Seven best WordPress RSS feed plugins for your site 💻
These are our picks for the best WordPress RSS feed plugins every business owner and marketer needs:
- WP RSS Aggregator
- Category Specific RSS
- Featured Images in RSS for Mailchimp & More
- Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed
- GN Publisher
- Seriously Simple Podcasting
Do you need help keeping your website updated with fresh and engaging content? Are you looking to improve your SEO rankings and increase your audience’s engagement? Then you can’t miss out on what Feedzy RSS Aggregator offers you.
With this powerful WordPress plugin, you can easily aggregate and publish unlimited RSS feeds on your site in just a few minutes. Feedzy offers a variety of features to make your content curation experience easier:
- Embed RSS feed content in an existing piece of content.
- Import RSS feed items to WordPress pages, posts, and custom post types.
- Organize feed sources into categories.
- Display RSS feeds using shortcodes, Gutenberg blocks, or widgets in your third-party page builders like Elementor.
Feedzy also offers a complete documentation library, YouTube tutorials, and support forums to help you get started with the plugin. Their customer service team is always ready to assist you with questions or concerns.
Overall, if you want to add RSS feed content to your website, Feedzy is one of the best WordPress RSS feed plugins to consider.
⚙️ Key features
- Display feeds fast and easily with shortcodes or widgets.
- Import feed items as their own posts, pages, or custom post types.
- Feature affiliate links.
- Premium features include keyword filter, full-text RSS feeds import, automatic translation of content on import, as well as WordAI and SpinnerChief integration to avoid duplicated content.
Feedzy is a freemium WordPress RSS feed plugin. If you want to upgrade your plan to Feedzy Premium, you can get started for $129 per year. However, if you pay today, you can receive a 30% off coupon and get Feedzy at $99 per year!
For more information, go to the Feedzy pricing page.
If you’re looking to import, merge and display RSS feeds and Atom feeds on your WordPress site, WP RSS Aggregator is another popular and robust option.
This plugin lets you quickly set up your RSS feed sources and import valuable content from unlimited sites. Plus, you can manage all your RSS feed sources from a single page, customize display templates to match your website’s design, as well as use the built-in shortcode and block to display your feeds in seconds.
Use WP RSS Aggregator to curate news from the top sources in your market or niche to improve your SEO. Show related content from other well-known sites to build trust within your audience, share podcast feeds with your readers, and aggregate job openings, real estate listings, or any other content they find helpful.
⚙️ Key features
- Embed a feed in any post or page.
- Import feed items as posts, pages, or custom post types.
- Customize the display of your RSS feeds using templates, CSS, and shortcodes.
- Premium features include add-ons and bundled plans like the Feed to Post and Full-Text RSS Feeds add-ons.
WP RSS Aggregator is a freemium WordPress RSS feed plugin. The basic premium plan is $79 per year (annual billing).
For more information, go to the WP RSS Aggregator pricing page.
Tired of bombarding your readers with content they’re not interested in? Category Specific RSS is here to save the day.
Whereas the previous two plugins help you import RSS feed content to your site, this plugin helps you offer better RSS feeds to your visitors.
More specifically, you can offer a menu with multiple RSS feed subscription options to your site’s visitors, including category-specific feeds.
If you cover several topics on your website, your readers may feel overwhelmed with notifications about content they don’t like or consume. However, with Category Specific RSS, you can allow them to subscribe only to the categories that interest them, keeping them engaged and happy.
It’s about giving users more control over their subscription preferences and increasing engagement and satisfaction!
⚙️ Key features
- Configure up to eight custom topic-specific RSS feeds and create a tag-specific RSS feed menu using a simple shortcode.
- Create a tag cloud with RSS feeds for each tag, giving your readers more control over their subscription preferences.
- Show the tags and RSS feed of each tag for a specific article or post.
Category Specific RSS is a 100% free WordPress RSS feed plugin.
Like the previous plugin, this plugin gives you another way to enhance the RSS feeds on your site.
With Featured Images in RSS, you can instantly output your blog’s featured images to various marketing automation services, including Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign and HubSpot.
Setting up the plugin is a breeze, with minimal configuration required: choose your preferred image size, position, and padding, and you’re ready to go. Plus, the plugin’s developers offer free support through the WordPress Support Forum if you run into any issues.
But if you want to take your content marketing to the next level, consider upgrading to the Premium version of the plugin. With a 14-day free trial (no credit card required), you’ll have access to powerful features like expert tech support, custom image sizes, and the ability to exclude unwanted categories from your RSS feed.
⚙️ Key features
- Add blog photos to RSS readers and marketing automation software with maximum quality.
- Add product photos to your WooCommerce product-based RSS campaigns.
- Premium features include media and enclosure tags, custom image sizes and custom content in feeds.
Featured Images in RSS is another freemium option featured on our list of WordPress RSS feed plugins. The plugin’s premium version is $5.59 per month (billed annually).
For more information, go to the Featured Images in RSS official page.
5. Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed
Are you looking for a simple yet customizable way to display social media on your website, such as your Instagram posts? Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is all you need.
With this WordPress RSS feed plugin, you can import content from various sources such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
From there, you can customize the layout to match your website, and display various feeds on the same or different pages.
Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is easy to set up, requires no coding knowledge, and includes top-notch customer support. Plus, the plugin is entirely responsive and mobile-ready.
Best of all, it can actually eliminate the need to use RSS feeds in many cases because it supports direct API integrations for most of the popular social networks.
⚙️ Key features
- Supports feeds from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
- Customize the look and feel of your feed with built-in style options.
- Use a shortcode or widget to display your feed on any page or post.
- Premium features include displaying hashtag feeds, viewing photos and videos in a popup lightbox, viewing post comments, and creating carousels from posts.
Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is a freemium WordPress RSS feed plugin. You can purchase premium functionality for an individual network starting at $98 or you can buy a bundle of all networks for $598. You can usually get a discount of 50% on your first year payment, though renewals are at full price.
For more information, go to the Smash Ballon pricing page.
6. GN Publisher
If you’re a publisher looking to include your site in the Google News Publisher Center, you’ll want to make sure your RSS feed meets Google’s technical requirements. That’s where the GN Publisher WordPress RSS plugin comes in.
This plugin tackles typical issues of compatibility that can arise when using the Google News Publisher Center, such as unfinished or replicated articles, absent pictures or multimedia, and title mistakes.
One of the unique benefits of GN Publisher is that it displays the time of the most recent ping and feed fetch from Google, which can help troubleshoot any issues you may encounter.
Overall, if you’re looking to optimize your RSS feed for Google News, GN Publisher is definitely worth checking out.
⚙️ Key features
- Address all common compatibility issues with the Google News Publisher Center.
- Improve your site’s crawling rate and speed up the updating process.
- Premium features include a hide/show feed content feature, continuous customer support and extensive updated documentation.
GN Publisher is a freemium WordPress RSS feed plugin. The plugin’s premium version is $99 per year.
For more information, go to the GN Publisher pricing page.
7. Seriously Simple Podcasting
Seriously Simple Podcasting is a plugin that allows you to create, manage, and publish podcast RSS feeds directly from your WordPress site.
There are loads of features available, such as managing your RSS feed from WordPress, customizing the embedded media player and using custom widgets to create playlists.
Seriously Simple Podcasting gives you complete control over your content – there are no limits to what you can do. The process is straightforward: install the plugin, upload an episode and its details and submit the RSS feed to every podcast directory.
Overall, if you want to create a podcast, it’s one of the best WordPress RSS feed plugins that you’ll find.
If you’re interested in this approach, you also might want to read our guide on how to create a WordPress podcast website.
⚙️ Key features
- Publish podcast episodes on any post type.
- Create unique RSS feeds for multiple podcasts and publish them on the same site.
- RSS feeds fully comply with Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and any other listening platform.
Seriously Simple Podcasting is a 100% free WordPress RSS feed plugin. There will be some costs only if you choose to host your audio files with a dedicated podcast hosting provider.
Final thoughts on the best WordPress RSS feed plugins
RSS feeds remain an essential tool for bloggers and website owners to syndicate their content and reach a wider audience.
With the help of the seven WordPress RSS feed plugins we’ve reviewed in this article, you can easily import content from other RSS feeds to your site, enhance your own site’s RSS feeds, and even create new RSS feeds for your own podcast.
👉 Which one is better for your business? 🤔 It depends on the content you want to display on your site.
For other use cases, you might want alternative content-specific tools like Smash Balloon and GN Publisher.
Feel free 🐤 to use the tips and insights in this guide, and good luck building RSS feeds on your WordPress site!
Do you still have any questions about which of these WordPress RSS feed plugins you should choose? Let us know in the comments!