Do you want to launch your podcast channel on the iTunes directory?
Even if you are not technical, this guidebook will make it easier for you to publish your audio podcast in a number of effortless steps.
SoundCloud is not a new identify in the audio field. For a long time, I used it to listen to underground and undiscovered music.
At just one time, SoundCloud was only recognised as a platform for musicians, but now SoundCloud has develop into a podcast hosting web site as very well.
Musicians can use SoundCloud to provide their music in the iTunes listing.
In addition, SoundCloud also offers anything you want to launch your possess podcast channel!
The ideal aspect about this option is that you really do not need to have to enhance to the “Pro” package until you have reached the tremendous generous 3-hour restrict in the absolutely free strategy.
This is a great prospect for bloggers who want to launch their possess podcasts, but don’t want to devote money on podcast internet hosting sites.
How to Get your Podcast On iTunes working with SoundCloud
To get started off, head more than to the SoundCloud web site and indicator up for a totally free account. (If you are an current user, you basically have to have to login to your SoundCloud dashboard.)
To commence setting up a podcast, head over to the options site. This is where you will configure a handful of easy options.
- Include a profile impression. Continue to keep the image measurement to at least 1400 x 1400 pixels. (This picture will also be utilised at the iTunes Retail outlet.)
- Fill in all other expected particulars these as a description of your podcast, web site inbound links, and so forth.
- Simply click on the “Content” tab. Right here you will obtain the RSS url for your podcast. All over again, fill in the details.
Now go forward and upload your to start with podcast!
You can also use your present uploaded appears.
If you have uploaded a observe just before, you can click on “Edit Track” and select it to be included in the RSS below the “Permissions” tab.
Here is how your SoundCloud info will be proven in the iTunes store (make confident you enhance the information to seem good for iTunes!):
From the image:
- SoundCloud profile graphic
- SoundCloud display title OR tailor made feed title
- SoundCloud display identify (default) OR personalized writer identify
- SoundCloud profile description
- SoundCloud track title
- SoundCloud add date
- SoundCloud monitor description
- SoundCloud profile URL (default) OR web page mentioned in the “You on the world wide web” portion of the configurations
How to Add Podcast to iTunes from SoundCloud
With all of the above settings done, you are completely ready to start your podcast to the iTunes keep.
Go to your SoundCloud settings, choose “Content”, and grab your RSS feed deal with.
- Note: You should really burn off your feed working with FeedBurner. This way, if you improve your podcast web hosting from SoundCloud to something else, you will not have any dilemma.
Login to Podcast connect with your Apple Id. If you really don’t presently have one, then generate a person.
Head above to this hyperlink. It will open up your iTunes application, and you can submit your RSS feed there.
If your podcast address artwork is not among 1400*1400 and 3000*3000 PX, your submission will be denied. So make sure you stick to the iTunes picture needs. On the up coming page, decide on the sub-class and submit your podcast.
It will take a few times for your podcast to be reviewed and accredited.
Below is my Reside Podcast on the iTunes keep:
SoundCloud makes it possible for you to embed SoundCloud audio on your weblog, so you can boost all of your podcasts and request consumers to subscribe to your podcast channel. Nevertheless, from a promoting perspective, it is a fantastic notion to persuade customers to subscribe to your iTunes store podcast tackle.
This is why you ought to be using just one of these WordPress podcast plugins which will increase buttons to let end users subscribe to your podcast on iTunes, Google podcasts and many others.
Musicians should look at linking to their SoundCloud profiles, as others can bookmark the music and share it on their social networks from that web site.
- You should burn your SoundCloud feed utilizing FeedBurner, and submit that URL. This way, if you want to transfer away from SoundCloud in the future, you never have to fear about the feed.
- When I very first submitted my podcast to the iTunes shop, I submitted it with SoundCloud’s RSS feed URL. Later on on, I burned the feed using FeedBurner and emailed the iTunes assistance crew to update my feed URL.
- If you will need to modify your current podcasting host, you can observe this guidebook.
So go forward & established up your audio podcast on SoundCloud!
If you have any queries, truly feel cost-free to ask me via the comments section.
If you like this tutorial, do share it on Fb, Twitter, and LinkedIn.